Quantcast

I have a theory

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My theory, this theory of mine. Well, this is what it is - my theory that I have, that is to say, which is mine, is mine and is the following:

My theory is that Reb Rabbit, PSP, et al are actually not real people. They are made up accounts that JBP opened up to mess with us.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
My theory, this theory of mine. Well, this is what it is - my theory that I have, that is to say, which is mine, is mine and is the following:

My theory is that Reb Rabbit, PSP, et al are actually not real people. They are made up accounts that JBP opened up to mess with us.
That kind of genius would only be equaled by the amount of stupid in those characters.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

I've always wondered about that too. It just doesn't seem possible that people would not only do some of the sh!t they do, but then broadcast it.

Fishy.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS

If he has the creativity to create PSP, he should be making movies or writing novels.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You guys laugh at them, but these people will be running the country some day. Blue, Montashu, PSP, RedRabbit, etc.
What happened to the generation born in the mid to late 80s?

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
You guys laugh at them, but these people will be running the country some day. Blue, Montashu, PSP, RedRabbit, etc.
No they won't. The people they go to school with that are intelligent and have common sense will be. The only thing these guys will be running is their mouth and a dishwasher.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
No they won't. The people they go to school with that are intelligent and have common sense will be. The only thing these guys will be running is their mouth and a dishwasher.
Right, we're not all that dumb, I promise.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have a bunch of theories but I keep them to myself cuz you guys will steal them or laugh at me. None of them involve JBP because he is my pal.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are quite a few reasonably intelligent kids on this site. Those are just the ones that you can't tell are retarded kids after a single post.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't like to admit this, but I actually know Red Rabbit.

His retelling of his pathetic life stories is very accurate to the person I know.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There are quite a few reasonably intelligent kids on this site. Those are just the ones that you can't tell are retarded kids after a single post.
It kinda works like this: there are a bunch of dumb kids who sound retarded, and are obviously kids. You then associate that kind of stupid with the kids on here, and assume anyone who can form coherent sentences and go through life without making a total ass of themselves to be an adult.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
It kinda works like this: there are a bunch of dumb kids who sound retarded, and are obviously kids. You then associate that kind of stupid with the kids on here, and assume anyone who can form coherent sentences and go through life without making a total ass of themselves to be an adult.
That's pretty much it right there.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Born in 85 here. I am getting married next year.

PS - Blue, Red Rabbit, and Montashu are real. I have seen them all in person. And ridden bikes with them even.

Now, who is the best rider? :monkeydance:

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Dude, really?

Do you know what I do for a living? I fly the fvcking GPS satellites. Every time you turn your gps on think of me.

Being an insensitive douche does not make me a dumbass.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Born in 85 here. I am getting married next year.

PS - Blue, Red Rabbit, and Montashu are real. I have seen them all in person. And ridden bikes with them even.

Now, who is the best rider? :monkeydance:
Not me on an MTB. Prolly. Hopefully? I'm a slow as fvck DHer.

When I first joined here, most of the "regulars" thought I was a 40 year-old man for awhile. How things change.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Loren (Montishu) can beat me downhill any day of the week. I think I could beat him on a XC course. (China Camp, Redwood Park, Downieville, Northstar, UCSC)

I'm faster than Steve (Sanjuro), but he's better at technical stuff. (Based off Downieville.)

Josh (Totalheckler) is probably the best rider I have ever seen.(UCSC)

Haven't had the pleasure of riding with Nate (Blue), but I bet he could kick my ass on road, and give me a run for my money on a XC course.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Born in '84 here. I resent that.

Actually, on second thought I do kind of agree with it. My generation seems to be the second generation of totally pussified weenie morons. Came right after the baby boomers/yuppies/hippies/gross combination of the above. At times it's embarrassing being a part of it. I don't know what the hell happened either.

Look at the bright side though....the next generation is TOTALLY fvkced up. Just look at high school kids now. Imagine what it'll be like after a couple more cycles. They're going to make us look great.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Dude, really?

Do you know what I do for a living? I fly the fvcking GPS satellites. Every time you turn your gps on think of me.

Being an insensitive douche does not make me a dumbass.
Actually, there are lots of kinds of smart. Smartly handling your own and others' emotions, social situations and knowing how to respond to people IS a kind of intelligence and in that respect, you are absolutely a dumbass.

Besides, let's not get all crazy here. This is a skill that you were trained in for a specific job in a short period of time with no experience, not something that required significant background, education, or really much of anything besides enough intelligence to follow procedures and instructions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My brother designs computer chips, and is damn good at it. I had to help him put his new license plates on his car. Yeah, there are different kinds of smart.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
That was very insulting BV.

I would take a look into what a satellite operator does before you say all I do is follow procedure. There is a fair bit of that, but everyday there is something new. Some of these birds are over 15 years old, and constantly create new problems for us to figure out.

I have to do constant Trig and Calculus calculations to determine how much to spin "inertia wheel" to keep a stable orbit. Thank god for my ti-83.

How much power and how long to burn a thruster to get a satellite into final orbit, and rate of speed.

Test to make sure that the sat stays geo synchronous using tracking points from tracking stations.

Set up time, and determine which tracking station is to be used to check state of Health and payload status.

A computer does make these calculations, but we always have to check them manually. If I get the answer wrong it's bad news for me.

My tech school may have been only four months long. But it was over 12 hours a day in a class room just to learn the basics. Currently have over a year of OJT before I am fully station qualified, yet I am expected to perform just as well as those who have been here for years.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Rr you should stope before you embarass yourself any further

Let's put it into context:

How many cars have you wrecked? Now now how many satelites have you crashed? I would hope fewer than the number of cars. Ergo "driving" satellites must be easier than drving a car. Which means that most people would be able to do better than you.