Quantcast

I have a theory

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Rr you should stope before you embarass yourself any further

Let's put it into context:

How many cars have you wrecked? Now now how many satelites have you crashed? I would hope fewer than the number of cars. Ergo "driving" satellites must be easier than drving a car. Which means that most people would be able to do better than you.
There are no trees or telephone poles in space to crash into!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That was very insulting BV.
The part about you, or the part about your job?

I don't see why either should be insulting. The former, you have to be aware of yourself.

The latter, well, it's the way a lot of jobs are. I didn't say it was a stupid job, but if you can be taught from scratch in 4 months, then it means you don't have to have an IQ of 160 to perform at an adequate level. Doesn't make it a stupid job, and it doesn't make you stupid, but citing it as the sole reason that we should recognize you as a genius isn't going to hold much water. That's not insulting, that's just the way most starting-level jobs are. Mine, yours, and everyone else's.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
To the defense of the early 80s kids...we did after all have to go through that Gen-X nihilism crap. Any glimmer of brilliance should be adorned with a medal. I mean look at me, I came out okay. I live in a basement, became a vegetarian, I’m a professional in the bike biz…oh wait never mind…as you were.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I was born in 90, and I am going to college for fine art major. One day I'll be a teacher.
Do you have any idea how hard art school is ?

Less than a fourth that start foundations ( first 2 yrs ) make it to their senior show. The attrition rate is unreal, mostly because a lot of kids think they'll major in art because it's fun, and an easy way to get a degree. During foundations the faculty is trying to break you. It's the way they weed out the weaker students. If you make it past that round then you get to apply to the School Of Art, at which point the administration decides if they want to put up with you for another three years. So all that work can be for nothing.

The hardest working students on any campus are the med students and the art majors.

And, since you will be going to an SOA in a University, you will still have the same required hours that everyone else has to take.

Good luck.

One other thing,
Change your Fukkin Avatar !

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Look at the bright side though....the next generation is TOTALLY fvkced up. Just look at high school kids now. Imagine what it'll be like after a couple more cycles. They're going to make us look great.
As being part of "the next generation"(born in '91), I would have to agree. There are some serious fvckups at my high school. Manimal can tell you, he's broken up fights there, i'm sure.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Born in '88 over here. I consider myself reasonably intelligent (31 ACT, Dean's List, blah blah shut up), but the one thing I've learned about the interwebs is that it is actually fairly easy to come off as "not dumber than a crutch." All you have to do the majority of the time is simply make a half-hearted effort at using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Yeah everybody yells at the "grammar nazis" here, but the fact that you took the time to use spellcheck before posting something for the whole world(theoretically) to read usually indicates some higher brain functioning. Also not posting wildly inappropriate details of your personal life usually helps.

Edit: Also, having a Slayer avatar lets everybody know you are READY TO ROCK. FACT.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Do you have any idea how hard art school is ?

The hardest working students on any campus are the med students and the art majors.
Bull fvcking sh*t.

Med students, definitely. Law students, usually, particularly past their bachelors. Engineering students, definitely. Physics and science students, most of the time (soc. and psych and cultural and any of the touchy feely crap doesn't count).

Art students??? Sorry, not fooling anyone with that.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Bull fvcking sh*t.

Med students, definitely. Law students, usually, particularly past their bachelors. Engineering students, definitely. Physics and science students, most of the time (soc. and psych and cultural and any of the touchy feely crap doesn't count).

Well I'm sure art students HAVE to work hard because, usually, they are the the brightest bunch...just because THEY have to work hard doesn't mean the subject matter is that tough...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Bull fvcking sh*t.

And exactly how many art students do you know and how many studio art classes have you taken ?

Are you basing your statement on assumptions or actual experience ?

I worked my ass of in school to get my degree. It takes on average 5 years to complete a BFA degree. Very rarely does anyone do it four years.

Last edited:

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
And exactly how many art students do you know and how many studio art classes have you taken ?

I worked my ass of in school to get my degree. It takes on average 5 years to complete a BFA degree. Very rarely does anyone do it four years.
No doubt about this. When your grade is based much more on subjective standards, it makes it difficult for science/engineering types to process.

Math is hard.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

Too many, and none.

Based on observations.

That doesn't mean anything. That just speaks for the art students and not the curriculum.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Another member of this board. I believe it had something to do with Stinkyboy putting up a sign in his office or something to that effect.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Why would I care what he does for a living? I don't even have the slightest idea what he does. The object in question was the school program. I hope a sh*tting dog isn't the pinnacle of his professional achievements though.

I have no idea how N8 used to argue.