Quantcast

I have a week to devise a booby trap

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So last night our garbage was picked up really late. Like 8pm...

I heard the truck arrive, so I peeked out the window. I see the guy take the first can, empty it, and throw it to the ground as hard as he could. He then empties the second can, and flings it at my house and it hits my garage door.

Perplexed, I go outside and ask what the problem was. As it was dark, and he was wearing gloves, I'm not SURE, but I THINK he flipped me off. The truck drove away...he also said something...in guess what language :rolleyes:

So I called the city try to get someone fired. I learned that the contract with this garbage company is up. They had lots of trouble with them.. etc etc... so the will only be back one or two more times.

So I need a booby trap for my garbage pick up next week. I do have an abundance of soiled diapers which could be incorporated....

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm not gonna ask what you're doing stashing soiled diapers, but it seems like a solid plan

Just get new trash barrels, they're what, 10 bucks?

-Adam

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Ok, fill a hefty bag with the contents of one toner cartridge. Inflate the rest of the way with air and tie it off.

When they go to smash it, POOF black cloud! :evil:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Go to tap plastics and get one of those big 5gal containers of expanding foam. I'm sure you could find a way so that when thrown into the truck or compacted by the truck, the foam would expand to 20+ times it's original volume and overflow out of the truck.

Check that. You should get several containers.

edit: I'm not sure about the laws of disposing of something like that in the trash. So make sure you don't get caught.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
MMike said:
So I need a booby trap for my garbage pick up next week. I do have an abundance of soiled diapers which could be incorporated....
Good idea. Put a bunch of soiled diapers into the hands of someone who is already pissed off enough to throw things at your house.

Soiled diaper fights are not cool.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
MMike said:
I heard the truck arrive, so I peeked out the window. I see the guy take the first can, empty it, and throw it to the ground as hard as he could. He then empties the second can, and flings it at my house and it hits my garage door.
How far was that toss? You might not want to f' with him.

As for the booby trap, get a wolverine and put that in your trash can. When he opens the can, the wolverine will rip his face off.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Superglue a quarter to the sidewalk and point and laugh when they can't pick it up...Or hire a midget to hide inside of the trashcan and pop out when they come to pick up the garbage, I know if a midget flew out of a trashcan at me I would indeed be frightened.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
DRB said:
As for the booby trap, get a wolverine and put that in your trash can. When he opens the can, the wolverine will rip his face off.
that is the most awesome trap yet. I was thinking an angry family of racoons, but a wolverine would be better.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just hide in the trash can with a knife.

When he pulls the top off the can, stab him in the face.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i dont think putting some nastyness in a garbage can will deter said garbagemen. Think of what they deal with all day, they are desensitized to foul odors.
If you want a real boobie trap, get (make) some C4. Time delay and trip fuses are easy enough to rig up.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i like the foam idea. just buy a case of the stuff, pack it up in a bag with something sharp that will puncture the cans when they hit the compactor, and stick it in your neighbor's garbage. remember to wipe off the prints too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If you could freeze the foam and remove the can from around it, you could put a whole bunch of the frozen foam lumps in your garbage just before he's supposed to take it. The timing would have to be good, though.

As it thaws, it will expand, so by the end of their garbage run, they'd have a big truck full of foam.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
H8R said:
Good idea. Put a bunch of soiled diapers into the hands of someone who is already pissed off enough to throw things at your house.

Soiled diaper fights are not cool.
LOL. at least they would be frozen.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
luken8r said:
i dont think putting some nastyness in a garbage can will deter said garbagemen. Think of what they deal with all day, they are desensitized to foul odors.
If you want a real boobie trap, get (make) some C4. Time delay and trip fuses are easy enough to rig up.
A plastic spoon, copper wire, a clothes pin and a 9v battery will work perfectly.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
binary visions said:
If you could freeze the foam and remove the can from around it, you could put a whole bunch of the frozen foam lumps in your garbage just before he's supposed to take it. The timing would have to be good, though.

As it thaws, it will expand, so by the end of their garbage run, they'd have a big truck full of foam.

Oh no! Not big scary foam :blah:

Is there a tree close to your trash can? Or better a few houses down? Tie some kind of nastiness in a bucket that will topple over onto said dude when he grabs the can?

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
DRB said:
Oh lord I got Dr.Pepper coming out of my nose. Thanks DRB I needed a good laugh today

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Put the faom stuff in a bag. Then put the other thing that casues the chemical reaction in another bag. Put this set in a blck trsh bag. Have a few blck trsh bags w/ this stuff. YOu could put needles and/or broken glass around the two innerbags to poke a hole in them.

You could also put sodium in one bag and water in another in black bag w/ broken glass, and put these in a trsh bag. All the trash would explode if the bag doesn't broke before getting in the truck.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mtnbrider said:
You could also put sodium in one bag and water in another in black bag w/ broken glass, and put these in a trsh bag. All the trash would explode if the bag doesn't broke before getting in the truck.
:dead: Anything more than a small amount of sodium would also blow up his house along with it... not to mention making sure it stays completely dry while handling it.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
binary visions said:
:dead: Anything more than a small amount of sodium would also blow up his house along with it... not to mention making sure it stays completely dry while handling it.
....or he could just go w/ the wolvarine idea :D .

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
DRB said:
There's multiple kinds of French?
1)Those that live in france

2)Those that don't live in france but cry themselves to sleep every night in north america while massaging some theoretical umbilical cord wondering why mommy left.

Just fill two trash cans with water. Heavy, guaranteed to spill and I'm sure it's not exactly warm in your neck of the woods at 8pm hanging on the back of a truck.