Quantcast

I have been asked numerous times, because we're having another girl...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
.....if we will try again for a boy.

Well I tell you...even if I was hell bent on having a son, that desire would not outweigh having to deal with my wife being pregnant again.

that's all I'm gonna say about that.......

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
robdamanii said:
Women + pregnancy = 9 months of hell for men.
Considering that they have something the size of a football living, growing, and kicking inside of them, I think we have it pretty good.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
u tell 'em tree!!!! how are things going??? how far along are you??? due date??? My wife and I are thinking of having one once we are settled in the new house.. its so exciting!!!!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
MMike said:
I'm actually already heading to Bromont on sat. Apparently narlus is going to be there.....

see you there then?
hell yes! also..way to not call me jackass.

I believe foster and i will be there on our shiny new orange oranges. What time do you want to meet up? He lives in beaconsfield.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
robdamanii said:
Are you talking from experience, or just talking out of your ass? Do you have any kids?

My wife is about to give birth to our 2nd girl any day now, and I can definitely say that the last 9 months have not been hell. The occational moodiness, but that's about it. During the past 9 months I've been able to:

Go to Moab
mtb at least once a week
go out with my guy friends
drink lots of beer
smoke lots of...um...stuff

All in all, life has pretty much stayed the same.

2 is the limit for us also. After number 2 comes out, I will go the way of splat and get myself fixed

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Tree is right... :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

My wife was miserable the last couple of months, she had a fibroid(sp?) and it caused part of the uterus press against her ribs.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
robdamanii said:
My wife never really had any problems.

In other words - she never gave me much grief.

Edit: Although now that I think about it there were a number of times she said something along the lines of "This is all your fault!" :D

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
hehe, my wife is pregnant with our first and its been a blast!!
the worst thing for me is not having her come riding with me much...
(she can't bend over enough to effectively ride DH/xc or she would be) anyone have any super riser bars and short reach riser stem??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MMike said:
My wife did much better with Emily... she's been pretty sick, lots of headaches with this one... I guess having to chase after a toddler when you're pregnant doesn't help either....
Tie a dead racoon to the toddler, that'll slow her down.

todbanner

Chimp
Mar 7, 2005
BikeGeek said:
Considering that they have something the size of a football living, growing, and kicking inside of them, I think we have it pretty good.
Thank the lord I was born with a penis!!! :thumb:

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Well you know that slogan "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" thats B.S Our first is due in 7weeks, and so far so good. She has been tired but never puked never really complained much. I got the much the better end of the deal.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
My wife and I have a 4 year old daughter and are expecting our son on Jan. 28th. I actually wanted another girl. Either way, I will be getting snipped shortly thereafter.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
McGRP01 said:
My wife and I have a 4 year old daughter and are expecting our son on Jan. 28th. I actually wanted another girl. Either way, I will be getting snipped shortly thereafter.
Congrats!!! We have one of each, it's hard to believe my son is 6 and daughter is 2 :eek:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Brian HCM#1 said:
Congrats!!! We have one of each, it's hard to believe my son is 6 and daughter is 2 :eek:
Thanks! :) How does that age gap work out for you? It' will be almost the same for us. My daughter will turn 6 when my son is 15 months.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
McGRP01 said:
Thanks! :) How does that age gap work out for you? It' will be almost the same for us. My daughter will turn 6 when my son is 15 months.
Actually very well, my wife bought a bunch of small toys, hot wheels, trains etc. so after she was born when someone would come over to the house with a gift for the baby she'd give him a little something so he didn't feel left out. We also made him feel important and took to to places and said "this is just for the big kids, so we get to go there and not baby" It worked out perfect. We found it worked great keep our son involved with helping out when he wanted to, and ALWAYS made time for him even though everyone was exhausted with the baby thing. It's very easy top toss the oldest aside when there is a new baby.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
speaking as a younger sibling by 4 years, it works out great until yr older sibling gets near high school, and then you don't hang out as much until after college.