Quantcast

I have Floyd's defense!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The sprinter Dennis Mitchell, an Olympic bronze medallist, claims to have personally experienced the effect having sex had on his testosterone level. He was immediately banned from competition in 1998 after testing positive for having higher than normal levels of testosterone in his body an indication that he was supplementing his natural level by taking additional doses of the hormone in order to enhance his performance. Mitchell's defense, which prevailed on appeal, was that his positive drug test was the result of having had sex four times (and drinking five bottles of beer) the night before the test was administered.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like he will need a little testamonial help from his wife, or podium girls.

Actually I read a while back that winning things, whether it is a chess game or a bike race stimulates testosterone production. I wonder if he could claim that kicking ass on the stage put him over the top.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
That would only work for The Jan.
The Jan is exempt from the testosterone test.

The Jan has more testosterone in one of his massive thighs than Landis will accumulate in an entire lifetime.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Heidi said:
The sprinter Dennis Mitchell, an Olympic bronze medallist, claims to have personally experienced the effect having sex had on his testosterone level. He was immediately banned from competition in 1998 after testing positive for having higher than normal levels of testosterone in his body an indication that he was supplementing his natural level by taking additional doses of the hormone in order to enhance his performance. Mitchell's defense, which prevailed on appeal, was that his positive drug test was the result of having had sex four times (and drinking five bottles of beer) the night before the test was administered.
Not entirely true. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=911437;search_string=mitchell;guest=8401622#911437

**Just realized this is post number 2k. Booyah.**

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
It's hard to say, there are many reasons why he could test positive and not really have taken some in. Also most test/epi ratio positive tests are thrown out after the fact.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Someone pointed out quite correctly that they should have several other samples from when he was in Yellow the day's before. If he didn't dope those times, why would he dope the day of stage 17, and how did it POSSIBLY affect him SO profoundly in such a short period of time?

Doesn't seem to fit to me.