Quantcast

I have forsaken my trails.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have only been running on them since vacation. It is nothing personal against my bike, it is just that I can come home from work, throw my shoes on, grab the dog & be back home before the heat gets oppressive.

When I ride (I ride different trails than I run) I have to spend just as long in the car as I do on my bike, because the good trails are in the 'white flight' neighborhoods (the burbs), plus all that gas gets expensive.

I think in the long run my biking will benefit.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm in kind of the same boat, which is why I've been doing so much road riding. I can do that from the end of my driveway. Any lengthy trail ride requires at least 30 minutes of drive time each way.

I wish I could get into running.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
me too. Last year I spent 200 hours in july and august building new trail, and this year almost none...it has just been too hot to spend the afternoon doing that for no $$$. Maybe september...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
jacksonpt said:
I'm in kind of the same boat, which is why I've been doing so much road riding. I can do that from the end of my driveway. Any lengthy trail ride requires at least 30 minutes of drive time each way.

I wish I could get into running.
Yeah, my mtn. bike has seen more pavement than dirt this year.

man, i've got to finish my CX build.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
I have found that biking improves my running, but running does not improve my biking.

Whats up with that. Yesterday I went on a killer road ride and today I knocked it out of the park on my run. Super strong and kept an excellent pace. I never feel stronger on my bike after a good week of running.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
jdschall said:
You are still working on that thing? You should be ashamed of yourself. :nope:

evidently eating good food, drinking good wine, and taking nice vacations are more important than building a bike. I've offered to go without food for a year just so he'll finish it and we can ride together.