Quantcast

I have issues (new road bike)

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Beautiful.

What headset cap are you using with your fork? I didn't get along well with the Easton plug that came with mine and got a profile gap cap. I can't keep it tight. I would hate for my fork to fall off, so any recs would be great.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Alfred said:
What headset cap are you using with your fork? I didn't get along well with the Easton plug that came with mine and got a profile gap cap. I can't keep it tight. I would hate for my fork to fall off, so any recs would be great.
I'm using the Easton plug without any issues.

Alfred said:
What group is that? I only know Shimano looks. :(
Amost full Campy Record build minus the Chorus front derailleur and the FSA crankset and American Classic BB.

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Carbon Fetish said:
I'm using the Easton plug without any issues.

Amost full Campy Record build minus the Chorus front derailleur and the FSA crankset and American Classic BB.
I'll try the Easton plug again. Is it the aluminum one with the little compression setup? Do you happen to know the torque specs?

I'd like to try Campy one day.

Feb 13, 2006
a little over 15 lbs? too danged heavy. jeez. next time skip the durable heavy parts and go with a little Ti, plastic, and carbon fiber, will ya?

I can't imagine what it would feel like to ride a 15 lbs road bike. rocket, perhaps?

nice rig.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Alfred said:
Beautiful.

Keep your stem tight and you'll be just fine...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
guy at work got his BMC Pro Machine today. actually ordered it before Floyd won. frame is ****in' ridiculous. carbon dropouts? nutty.

this will replace his Speccy S-Works and Colnago Dream.