Quantcast

I have MONO!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
WTF is that all about?

Went to the doc last week and they're all "it's just strep throat" which didnt sound exactly right anyway since Ive been sick for two weeks straight, fever and everything...and now THIS. So last night I had to get a steroid shot and get all this blood work done and waste a bunch more money I dont have to spend. Turns out I could be sick for another month or so, and am soon going to start losing all my energy and wanting to stay in bed all day.

This has far greater implications than just the fact that Im going to be sick for quite a while longer though cause guess what? I right in the MIDDLE of my first collegiate XC, DH, DS Race season :mumble: and Im not even allowed to ride a bike again for, get this, SIX WEEKS, cause anything physical could cause it to come back full force.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh *&)*&*_&&&_(*$^$^&*^*^^*^ fack!

The chick did hook up the Lortabs though...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i had it in jr. high. ended up doing a semester of "individual study" because i couldnt make it through a whole day at school. i had it bad. slept all day, got really depressed, couldnt eat, developed a stomach condition. hope it goes better for you. i wouldnt stop riding if i felt like i could ride thats for sure.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
johnbryanpeters said:
Take it easy, dude, life is longer than six weeks for most folks.

J
i dont know about that man, have you ever seen the movie final destination?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
BurlySurly said:
I have MONO!!!
Like a Foes or an old Super8?

That sucks, man... being sick is the pits, but being sick for a month and half os BRUTAL. I concur with the "life is longer than 6 weeks for most people" sentiment though... having taken a few unplanned weeks off from riding earlier this year, I can attest to it not being that bad.

Get well soon, as Hallmark would say.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
As long as there are Tacos and Beer, life wont be over. I just hate having a sore ass throat though. Anyway, thanks for the words.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
BurlySurly said:
As long as there are Tacos and Beer, life wont be over. I just hate having a sore ass throat though. Anyway, thanks for the words.
I guess they also forgot to tell you not to drink any alcohol whatsoever. A few years back a guy in our group got mono around Mardis Gras time. Seeing as how we always needed a dd and our friend couldn't get drunk, we'd buy him a six of O'Douls and have him drive us around--good times...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Doctors even tell women not to drink when they're pregnant. How stupid is that? Im not listening to those dudes.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BurlySurly said:
Doctors even tell women not to drink when they're pregnant. How stupid is that? Im not listening to those dudes.
"but theres more old drunks than there are old doctors, so i guess we better have another round" willy nelson/ waylon jennings " gotta get drunk"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Aww crap man! Ive had that shizz, it's not fun. I remember distinctly having to collapse and catch my breath after going up a flight of stairs.

The pain pills will help. They actually make you feel a lot better overall and dont just affect the sore throat. Drink a BUTT LOAD of water and sleep a ton. I knocked out MONO in High school in 2 weeks and was back in the pool doing 10,000 yards a day right after and had no recurrance.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BurlySurly said:
No I didnt. Shut up!

PM me some sasquatch stuff to read.
haha unbeknownst to you i've had like 2 frikkin Sasquatch dreams probably because of your stupid requests haha.
They're actually pretty cool, one is i'm riding with a pal and my pal gets scared off, and i stop at the doubletrack where a bunch of em are climbing up the road. There's whole families goin across the road and i ride closer but this big huge fukcer comes up and essentially signals me to stop and ride no closer. So i got to chill and watch em cross the road like it was Bigfoot rush-hour or something.....
Then the other one was weird, hard to explain. Like i was somehow spiritually/psychically linked to Sasquatches and knew where all of em were, but i was foiling the news people and misleading them because they wanted to be left alone. Haha wierd....
Wish i could send you dvd recordings of these dreams pal, but they haven't got the technology dialed in yet.... :D