Quantcast

I have to interview someone for a job: what should I ask her?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My boss told me I have to interview someone a job. Best question in the next ten minutes I will guarantee ask her.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The end of the world is coming, and you'll survive. What would you bring along in a post-apocalyptic camping trip?

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
please tell me about a situation in your professional or non professional life when you did everything right, but something still went wrong. what did you do to fix or make the best of the situation?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
bella said:
please tell me about a situation in your professional or non professional life when you did everything right, but something still went wrong. what did you do to fix or make the best of the situation?
If you ask this question, you deserve a swift kick to the nuts.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
DRB said:
If you ask this question, you deserve a swift kick to the nuts.
With a screen name like "bella" do you really think there's anything to kick?:rolleyes: :rofl:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
One I throw at folks at the end of an interview "Tell me a joke".

Being able to shift gears quickly, think on your feet, and have a good nature about is important in most of the jobs I've worked at so this serves to find some of that in a way they most likely aren't prepared for. Sure I've had people not be able to come up with one, but how they handled the situation was the important part. If they get defenseive and pissy....sorry, not someone I want working with me!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Joke: Does the carpet match the drapes?

Serious: Tell me about the last time you were embarassed. Similar to Velocity Girl suggestion, it comes from left field and tells volumes about said interviewee's ability to laugh at one's self.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
bella said:
Uh, one of my best friends was tweaking bad, and I had to subdue him without breaking anything....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tell me about a time at band camp...

I like to ask about books read, music interests, what type of work place they like/dislike.

I'm an easy interview, but I focus more on "will I want to kill this person in the first week" type questions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jimmydean said:
Tell me about a time at band camp...

I like to ask about books read, music interests, what type of work place they like/dislike.

I'm an easy interview, but I focus more on "will I want to kill this person in the first week" type questions.
In reality it is bad to ask people direct personal questions. If they don't get the job they can claim discrimination for one reason or another. We aren't allowed to ask if a person is married, has kids etc. Now you can ask very vague questions and the person tells you that kind of stuff you are off the hook

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
tell her the CIA is trying to take your penis and ask her for her help..say you need to hide it for long periods of time..

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
Why do "cool" and "hot" mean the same thing?
If you sneeze and fart at the same time, does a vacuum form in your stomach?
Why does triangularly cut bread taste better than square bread?
Does a baby feel the umbilical cord being cut off?
Is it legal to name your kid "Anonymous"?
Why is it that no matter what color of bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?
If you have a pet with 2 heads do you have to name both heads?
Why can't liquor freeze?
If you dig a hole in the south pole are you digging up or down?
How come they don't add the time that we are in our mom's to our age?

Why do people squint their eyes when they can't see? Wouldn't that just make it less space to see out of?
What is a hacky, and why is it in a sack?
Who was in the kitchen with Dina?
Why do we have to pay a toll on "freeways"?
Why do they call them pepperoni if there is no pepper in it?
How old does something have to be to become an antique?
Can a school teacher give a homeless child homework?
Why do they say "an alarm going off," if it is really going on?
Do babies produce more spit than adults?
How come French fries are not considered a vegetable, they are just deep fried potatoes?
Do cows have calf muscles?
Why is shampoo clear but conditioner not?
If conjoined twins participate in sports, do they count as one or two players?
If a singer sings their own song during a karaoke party, is it considered karaoke?

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
if you do ask those, you better get ready to be asked those since you will be looking for a new job!!! did you interview her yet?
i know a few things you can't ask and those are
married
in a relationship
nationality
religion
children
or anything personal

just aks past jobs and stuff.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
No more questions.

She was a nice Beijing woman, some problems with English. She was not perfect on my technical interview, but she got most of it. But I had to give her the tour, and she was very nice, which is extremely important to my company.

I wasn't going to ask her anything that would get me fired, and I hate these "tell me about a problem in your life" questions, so I shot off the "3 CD's on the desert island".

She said she liked Vaseline and piano music. I can't believe she likes the band that Cobain covered. There must be another band called Vaseline.

BTW, it looks like she got the job because my boss invited her to our Friday party:

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Where do you work Sanjuro...i need a job...

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
haha, im really not that desperate...

its only been a month of passive searching...