Quantcast

I have to interview someone for a job: what should I ask her?

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
OGRipper said:
Um, when she said she likes Vaseline I don't think she meant the band (heh heh).

Glad you used my question though, what do I win? :rolleyes:
i was thinking the same rhing about the vaseline, but i'd get :hot: to death if i did..but yeah,ahaha she's like if you give me the job "we go vaseline.."

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
sanjuro said:
No more questions.

She was a nice Beijing woman, some problems with English. She was not perfect on my technical interview, but she got most of it. But I had to give her the tour, and she was very nice, which is extremely important to my company.

I wasn't going to ask her anything that would get me fired, and I hate these "tell me about a problem in your life" questions, so I shot off the "3 CD's on the desert island".

She said she liked Vaseline and piano music. I can't believe she likes the band that Cobain covered. There must be another band called Vaseline.

BTW, it looks like she got the job because my boss invited her to our Friday party:
Was she hot?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
A good way to interview someone is to ask questions, then rephrase in the incorrect way to see if they're strong enough to correct you. Basically seeing if they have a spine.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Um, when she said she likes Vaseline I don't think she meant the band (heh heh).

Glad you used my question though, what do I win? :rolleyes:

Virtual Storage Redefined: Technologies and Applications for Storage Virtualization

The authors embark on a journey through virtual disk storage techniques and applications. They clearly explain the what, why, and how of virtual disk storage. This 21-chapter book is a must-read for architects, planners, and administrators who are responsible for enterprise data storage.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
P.S. Not hot, and married. Boy I am glad about that, because she will working directly with me, or "under me", as they say.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
A common question is "Tell me about the last book you read?" If that person stumbles on this one or says "I don't really read," then you'll be able to draw some conclusions about that person.

Also to whomever mentioned asking about 3 CDs, that's a great one also.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Superdeft said:
A common question is "Tell me about the last book you read?" If that person stumbles on this one or says "I don't really read," then you'll be able to draw some conclusions about that person.

Also to whomever mentioned asking about 3 CDs, that's a great one also.
What's that, likes magazines?