Quantcast

i havent bought gas in a month...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
ive driven only a handfull of times since school got out june 9th, and now that my tank is empty im done driving until the weather gets to cold to be exposed to the elements. ive been primarily riding my bike (duh) and long boarding. living in a hilly area is finally paying off, who knew? now before you call me a tree-hugger, keep in mind that im 17, and i simply think there are better ways to spend money than on gas... for instance bike parts, or beer. lets just say i have quite a bit of extra cash these days.:clue:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
you're a lucky man.

when i lived in houston, i was able to have a job where i could ride to work.(showers)
the drive in would take about 30min.
the ride in would take about 40min.
the drive home would take 45min.-1hr.
the ride home took the same 40min.
(that's if i rode straight home, which was rare.)

i don't live in a big city any longer.
and i really do miss aggresive downtown riding.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to buy gas every time I drive my wifes car (about once a week) but my truck hasn't been to the gas station since the last race weekend.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Filled up this morning. 12.88 gallons = $39.00. I estimate that I spend anywhere from $50 - $60 dollars per week on gas, and thats with a car that has been getting anywhere from 27 - 29 mpg. :dead: .

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Instead of spending $100 on gas to go someplace more remote, for my most recent vacation, I camped and fished within my home state and just picked up a sackoindo with the extra gas money. Believe me, I had more fun than I would have had I driven further and smoked less.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
llkoolkeg said:
Instead of spending $100 on gas to go someplace more remote, for my most recent vacation, I camped and fished within my home state and just picked up a sackoindo with the extra gas money. Believe me, I had more fun than I would have had I driven further and smoked less.

:cool: that's the spirit !

i'm just glad our local downhill wonderland is less than a sixty mile round trip.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
yeah ive reduced my gas consumption but i simply cannot lead my life without spending alot on gas, but i have gone from nearly 100 a week in gas to less than 40. my truck barely gets 20 mpg on the highway mind you.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
my new-to-me subie is kicking butt in the gas market, much different from my old s-10. it only cost me $25 to fill up from full E yesterday and i drove on the previous tank for more than a week. and i've been driving a lot since i'm moving.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
IF I can hold out to August 29th, then it will be only the 4th time I've filled my car up with gas this year. Yes, that's right, year!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Heidi said:
IF I can hold out to August 29th, then it will be only the 4th time I've filled my car up with gas this year. Yes, that's right, year!
but how many times has your husband/manfriend filled it for you? ;)