Quantcast

I heart Fromme

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
I just had to say that I absolutely love riding Fromme. Went up there Saturday morning and the conditions were PERFECT. I took a few shore virgins, so we rode 7th Secret, Upper Oil Can and Espresso. Mmmmmmm, good!

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Sorry I missed ya. I was showing a couple guys Seymour yesterday. We had plans to ride Fromme but opted for the shuttle route. If you havn't rode the beginning of CBC lately you should. The thing is a masterpeice. It was most likely the last weekend for Seymour and perhaps Fromme. Good times!!

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Nice pics on that other thread. I'd post some Fromme pics, but there wasn't enough light for my lack of skill and small camera.

I thought CBC was already closed, sweet that you got to hit it one last time. I don't think I'd ever seen as many people climbing up mountain hwy as we saw on Sat. The coolest part is that almost half of them were gals.

But don't give up on Fromme just because its winter. 7th and upper Oil might get snowed in, but we've been able to hit trails like espresso, starfish, etc. well into the winter. If its a big snow year your outta luck, but them I'll be up floating in the pow anyway.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
You can still ride it in the snow. My first trip down UOC last year was in a couple inches of snow. Just bring extra clothes to the top for your trip down.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
We rode one run down CBC,Corkscrew etc and ended up at the big supermarket lot asking for a ride up. One of the riders we asked sternly told me that CBC was closed for the season. The next crew that shuttled me to my truck said it's a weather dependent thing. We listned to them and rode it again. When entering the trail we ran into the trailbuilder (nice guy) and he said he took off the closed signs because of how dry the trail was. We thanked him for his great trailbuilding and proceeded down We had his blessing....we took it and ran (rode).

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Big B said:
You can still ride it in the snow. My first trip down UOC last year was in a couple inches of snow. Just bring extra clothes to the top for your trip down.
That sounds like a friggin' riot! I'll have to give it a shot this winter.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
It was fun but suuper sketchy. If you avoid some of the more interesting stunts, you can survive it, but I threw caution to the wind and rode them all, even though they were snow covered. I also broke my camera and my phone and got a few bumps and bruises because of it.

I was hoping to ride it this year to see what it was like when it was dry, but I didn't get a chance. I only got up there once this year and rode 7th, upper and lower crippler, and espresso (which ate a brake lever off the big rock slab).

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
largextracheese said:
We rode one run down CBC,Corkscrew etc and ended up at the big supermarket lot asking for a ride up...
lec, sorry I missed out on the fun. PM me your phone number when you get a chance. I lost it at some point.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
I was looking for your number around my house but no avail. I tried to call Jason for your number but no luck. I tried man. I'll send you my info. Maybe next time.