Quantcast

I hope my interview from Wednesday comes through...

J

JRB

since the dickheads that are running the company now eliminated my postition this morning. :mumble: Oh well, I get to be paid to ride my bike for a little while, searching for a new job. Fu*k you, new management.

*edit - the reason was my position was eliminated. Funny thing is, they fired our president, who happens to be my best friend, last night.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
it ll work out... sh1t like that always does...

to hell with those cock knockers.... i m stoked to be leaving my job in 6 weeks...

good luck with the search

J

JRB

yeah - people that fire people for political reasons are the ones that end up suffering.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I thought you were just screwing around with your post yesterday.

Good luck man. There's no growth without change.

This'll take your mind off it for a couple seconds:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Did you get a severence package?
Yes - not as good as I would like, but I got one. Apparently, even in an at will state, it is good to offer them when you fire people for no cause.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
holy crap. Isn't Julie pregnant? How is she handling it? Sorry bro.
The little girl was born last Thursday, 4 weeks early. (see trail work thread) Everyone is fine. I had started looking. When they indicated Kevin, the pres, was being reassigned before Christmas, I knew it would happen.

J

JRB

pixelninja said:
Bummer. Good luck with finding a new gig. That's got to be stressful with a new little one.
Not really. These guys are kind of like the bad guys in "The Devil's Advocate" and will all burn in hell, so a seperation is good.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
The little girl was born last Thursday, 4 weeks early. (see trail work thread) Everyone is fine. I had started looking. When they indicated Kevin, the pres, was being reassigned before Christmas, I knew it would happen.
Congo Rats! And I'm glad everyone is fine :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry to hear that man!

I remember one time I went to my job and the doors were locked. Then I didn't get paid, then they didnt' send me my tax forms. Due to all of it I now have an awesome job.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid: I got laid off from my job about 3 months after my second boy was born (right before T-giving no less). Luckily, I had my current gig within a month.
You do mainly contracting work, don't you?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Loco, drive up to Amarillo and be my servant untill I can do anything on my own. I will pay you $3.75 an hour. I mean, you could go to Sonic and feed your family for a few days on that pay.

J

JRB

ThePriceSeliger said:
F.Y.I. Sorry for the asshole comment. I hope everything works out. I bet its rought with the kid and no job. I'm sure you will be fine though.
It's ok to be funny, Knothead. :D I am sure it will be fine. How are you today??? Better I hope.

J

JRB

ThePriceSeliger said:
Getting there. I actually just woke up which is real nice because I don't sleep much. About to go take my meds and maybe try to clean my shop.
Clean carefully.

J

JRB

Well - I got an offer at 6:30 this afternoon for more money than I made. Hahahahaha - thanks for paying me for riding my bike for a couple of weeks before I start the new gig, suckas.

J

JRB

Thanks allsk8sno. It is nice. It's gonna be better when the folks that fired me see me at the trade show in March, and realize I work for the competition now.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
loco said:
Well - I got an offer at 6:30 this afternoon for more money than I made. Hahahahaha - thanks for paying me for riding my bike for a couple of weeks before I start the new gig, suckas.

And that's the Ultimate, you get to shaft them with the shaft they used on you.....