Quantcast

I hope nobody planned on going to Whistler this week...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Nice.

Does anyone know when it opened? I had to go home the long way around last Friday.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Highway expected to close for 5 days

B.C. Transportation Minister Kevin Falcon said on Wednesday it could take five days to reopen the highway.
I couldn't even find a related story about its reopening.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That is strange. I was away, but heard it was "set to reopen" on Saturday. I guess it did reopen.

Apparently there's another spot on the same highway with the exact same problem, but north of Whistler. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will collapse before it gets brought down.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That is strange. I was away, but heard it was "set to reopen" on Saturday. I guess it did reopen.

Apparently there's another spot on the same highway with the exact same problem, but north of Whistler. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will collapse before it gets brought down.
Based on importance, if a road needs to be reopened, it will be done quickly.

For example, the road to Soquel Demo Forest usually washes out in the winter time, and it will take almost a year before someone clears the road.

There was a spring forest fire affecting homes about 3 miles away. That road was cleared after the first blaze started.

Even better was when I-580 exploded last year. A company rebuilt that section in a month, receiving the complete bonus of about 5 mil.