Quantcast

i just cant seem to get my ass up!

Ginger Jesus

Chimp
Sep 27, 2005
Reading, England
iv been riding for a while and everythings all good. know my bike well and all that. had to stop for a few months coz i was workin so much i just didnt have time to ride. now im riding again but i just cant seem to get my ass end up when im jumping up curbs!!!!!! front wheel comes up with loads of clearence but the rear wheel wont follow suit!!! what the F**K?!?!?!?!?! any sugestions?????

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Don't worry about getting the front up and just practice bunny hopping the back.

It is relatively easy to get the front up because you can just pull on the bars. Practice on flat ground, bend your knees, push down on the pedals, and try to get the back off the ground.

After you can do that, then you can pull the front as well as get the back up.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
another term for it is called a J-hop because the motion you do with the bars is like a sideways J. Pull the bars up a little, then push them forward to bring the rear wheel up. Make sure to bend your knees and suck the bike up underneath you and more or less push it out in front of you while its in the air.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
maybe you are too damn fat, strenthin your legs up, its easier to turn fat into muscle than nothing into muscle. i personaly have a hard time throwing my bike around because i have a super high metabolism and if i stop biking for a few weeks, its really hard to pull perfect nose wheelies and get the muscle back. try tightening your forks up a bit, then you get into the groove of dealing with a heavy ass rear, then set em back to normal, it seems like there is a feather back there.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
weight your front fork/tire as you lean forward and keep a low center of gravity, then try to pop up. I find that if I try to really visualize the bike coming off the ground completely that really helps.

Ginger Jesus

Chimp
Sep 27, 2005
Reading, England
the fat bit was a joke. i play drums so i got quite alot of upper body strength and my legs are pretty muscley. i shall try all of these suggestions and hopfully ill stop being so retarded (hopefully before the weather goes s**t)

cheers guys