Quantcast

I just fell off my bike

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've been honing my skills along my commute for the past couple months. There's this little curved archy curb thing (a nice little "stunt") that I've been riding to and from work. I actually get to go home for lunch, so I get 4 cracks at it every day.

Well, I was feeling the flow with the BeeGees a-pumpin' when I guess I got cocky and the front wheel scooted off the edge and I found myself dive rolling along the sidewalk.

I quickly collected myself and went on my way...

I peeled a nice layer of skin off my shin with my pedal. Fortunately, my finger-breaking crash in september has drilled the "closed fist crash" instinct into my head.

Yow.

Maybe I should take the rest of the day off...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oh yeah... I just got up out of my chair for the first time since the big crash. Left knee is pretty tender...

And I'm thirsty.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I looked at my bike today. I plan on riding it soon as we don't have 10' of snow and the temp is above 10 again soon....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Too late . Battery died. Takes an hour to charge for 10 mins of flying! I actually had it aloft and more or less under control for aboit 45 second or so. A record for sure. But now it is sleeping

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Behold, my titan nemesis:

look how foreboding!:

And so sustained! The concentration required...I tells ya. Better than yoga.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I had a curved wall similar to that near my old place. Mine was sort of S-shaped. I could spend hours playing on it when trails were too wet to ride.