Quantcast

I just got a MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER! 12"!

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
the funniest thing about that pic is that they spaced their stem up higher! as if the front of their bike wasnt tall enough already :nuts:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I think you should post that on PinkBike or NSMB, not here, it's not a good idea...

BTW, I don't see the point of having a big fork like that unless you want to try to gap the grand canyon Evil Canivel style!!!

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
I personally would never run one of those forks but come on guys and lighten up on him.He bought it,apparently loves it,good for him.People must like em they keep building them.No need to hate :nope:

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
You must be doing drops to flat, right?

I guess the only people who buy super monsters are the ones who never saw a video with true freeriders, like Simmons, Klassen, Berrecloth, Romaniuk. etc. I mean they all use 8 inch forks and go bigger then Bender and stick the landing. Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure Bender is a good rider.

Sep 29, 2004
sn0wboarder said:

I guess the only people who buy super monsters are the ones who never saw a video with true freeriders, like Simmons, Klassen, Berrecloth, Romaniuk. etc. I mean they all use 8 inch forks and go bigger then Bender and stick the landing. Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure Bender is a good rider.
maybe hes not tryign to be like the pros in videos and is jsut tryign to ahve some fun on a bike... regardless of whether or not he ha salot of travel

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
sn0wboarder said:

I forsee this thread turning into one of the threads about Bender being a good or bad rider

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
Sir Happypants said:
maybe hes not tryign to be like the pros in videos and is jsut tryign to ahve some fun on a bike... regardless of whether or not he ha salot of travel
Personally, I don't see having a foot of travel being fun, when you can have twice as much fun with 7 or 8 inches. But hey thats just me and why should I force it on someone else.

And no, I didn't mean to bash Bender. I'm just using it as an example. I'm sure if you gave him an 8 inch fork, he would actually stick his landings better rather then flying over the bars because of unnecessary travel.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sn0wboarder said:

shhhhhhh its time for the newb to be quite now and not be such an a$$ hole

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
cove rider said:
wow what a waste of money
You ride a cove bike, that's crap...up there with crap like Kona.

Regarding other posts:
If the guy wants a super monster, fine! Let him get a super monster and play around with it. He might hate it and give it up or might love it and knock it down to 10" like he said. A lot of the equipment we ride is overkill...

...some of us are arrogant, bike-snob weight freaks and some of us don't give a **** what we ride as long as we have fun with it.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
dropmachine.com said:
I forsee this thread being full of a bunch of snobby assholes thinking they know whats best for everybody.

Oh wait a sec....

hahahaha, i love that too..
when people start with the "thats too much for you" or "are you droppíng 100ft" or "you dont need that much -whatever-"???...

specially funny when that is coming from (mostly) a bunch of people who buy bikes several times better than their riding abilities and their physical condition...
:nuts:

unless am mistaken, and most people here can do 10 consecutive runs within the same 0.5 second...

truly.. since all the people here talk about the performance and "need" of a super monster... do you all consistently shave seconds of your time by using a boxxer team over a WC? or by using a carbon seatpost over an aluminum one??

if you dont.. then why you flame a guy with the same lust for you for bike stuff that gets a Super monster for his bike??????

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
anyone think this dude might be trolling. i mean no pics no responces to any posts. i have a sneeking suspision that he doesnt even have a super monster

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dirtjumpP.1 said:
anyone think this dude might be trolling. i mean no pics no responces to any posts. i have a sneeking suspision that he doesnt even have a super monster
im thinking the same thing, personally i think this thread should :dead:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dropmachine.com said:
I forsee this thread being full of a bunch of snobby assholes thinking they know whats best for everybody.

Oh wait a sec....

And how brother.

I got to pedal around in the parking lot at bootleg last year on a guy's armageddon. It pretty much rolled over some of those boulders by the pic nic area while I was still seated. I thought it was pretty damn neat.

To the majority of people posting here...... It's a bike for christ's sake. Namely not yours and one that the owner is obviously pretty stoked on. A little good natured ribbing is one thing but get the fvck over your bad selves.

Pathetic......

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
kidwoo said:
To the majority of people posting here...... It's a bike for christ's sake. Namely not yours and one that the owner is obviously pretty stoked on. A little good natured ribbing is one thing but get the fvck over your bad selves.

Pathetic......

OK...you said it better than i did :stupid:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
dirtjumpP.1 said:
Even if it was somebody trolling, the responses still are what they are.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ChrisRobin said:
You ride a cove bike, that's crap...up there with crap like Kona.

Regarding other posts:
If the guy wants a super monster, fine! Let him get a super monster and play around with it. He might hate it and give it up or might love it and knock it down to 10" like he said. A lot of the equipment we ride is overkill...

...some of us are arrogant, bike-snob weight freaks and some of us don't give a **** what we ride as long as we have fun with it.
what the hell do you have against cove you a$$

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
TheMontashu said:
shhhhhhh its time for the newb to be quite now and not be such an a$$ hole
Thats funny, judging by your join date and the amount of posts you have compared to me, you should get out and ride more. ;)

I know I'm an a-shole. But thanks for reminding me. :)

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
The dude that started this thread should really stand up for himself! I'd back him up along with most of the other guys on here.

On a side note, i wouldnt be surprised if this is infact a joke, it seems perfectly formulated to get a rise out of you guys. You guys can be so predictable.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The Kadvang said:
This thread epitomizes all that is wrong with ridemonkey... its so cute.
not as cute as your sister

sn0wboarder said:
Thats funny, judging by your join date and the amount of posts you have compared to me, you should get out and ride more. ;)

I know I'm an a-shole. But thanks for reminding me. :)
ya i never ride i only got up to north star 9 times last year and i only skipped school once last week to go ride in pacifica :stupid:
o lets not forget i work at a bike shop

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
Cwilly006 said:
I forsee this thread turning into one of the threads about Bender being a good or bad rider
Benders decent. Klassen, bearclaw, simmons, ect. just seem to me to be far smoother, far better riders. Maybe bender would improve on 8", as far as skills go. I think he should have to ride hardtails for a while, and then he would improve vastly, or give up riding the hardtail, and go back to his 12" front and back machine.

Good for you that you tried it, i, however, dont see any need for 12". 7-8 do me just fine. To each his own i guess. :think:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
dirtjumpP.1 said:
After all these responses, If I were him, I would of deleted Ridemonkey from my 'Favorites' list.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Stupid threads are an obsession; this one gets more and more pointless as people rag on the monster, and then starts stemming discussions about Bender then everything just goes to hell. Bump.