Quantcast

I just got a MARZOCCHI SUPER MONSTER! 12"!

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
Transcend said:
Because people now know that they have a habit of exploding and turning themselves into scrap metal.
i see that true but only about the rear triangle, ive had my rear triangle crack, but that was after 3 years of hard riding...and after GT realized that they F***ed up...but now i just got the new rear triangle mounted on, it seems like a really strong and sturdy frame

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i rode up the lift at whistler last week with some guy from socal. he was riding a super 8 with a super monster, 3" nokians front and rear (although he had swapped in a 2.75" something or other on the front for the day, go figure). i didn't see him ride, but would have been curious to see how he fared on a line with that much weight and negative travel to pull his front wheel down...

:dead:

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
I have never seen a guy with a set up like that (fat tyres, super monsters) go fast. There seems to be a trend between being crap and having super monsters. Something to do with confidence maybe?

Its your head

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I think it would be fun to ride a huge travel fork.

And not everyone is in it to go fast and race, some people just like to have fun, and if they have a Super Monster, and like it, good for them. at least they are out on a bike

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
BigMike said:
I think it would be fun to ride a huge travel fork.

And not everyone is in it to go fast and race, some people just like to have fun, and if they have a Super Monster, and like it, good for them. at least they are out on a bike
long travel forks are fun if your just messin around and just trying to find fun drop offs or ride like crazy down huge ass ruts that no one else can ride down...i really dont think its that hard to go fast with a long travel fork, maybe on flat straight aways like "the wall" at fontana....but seriously, my buddy josh just got an iron horse sunday, and....it just doesnt feel like it could be as sturdy as my gt..and i kick his a$$ everytime we race...i dont know, ive also owned an iron horse sgs team....it was ok, just didnt feel as much control on it...either way, im in it for the fun, not some boasting rights from a race...as fun as that can be..

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
yeehaarider said:
long travel forks are fun if your just messin around and just trying to find fun drop offs or ride like crazy down huge ass ruts that no one else can ride down...i really dont think its that hard to go fast with a long travel fork, maybe on flat straight aways like "the wall" at fontana....but seriously, my buddy josh just got an iron horse sunday, and....it just doesnt feel like it could be as sturdy as my gt..and i kick his a$$ everytime we race...i dont know, ive also owned an iron horse sgs team....it was ok, just didnt feel as much control on it...either way, im in it for the fun, not some boasting rights from a race...as fun as that can be..
The bike has very little to do with how fast you are you're friend maybe slower than you but that dosent make the bike better or worse, sencond DHis are known to break swing arms

yeehaarider

Monkey
Dec 26, 2004
Saugus, CA, 91390
oh, i know, your right, but in some ways i just like my dhi a little more, maybe its just cuz i have been riding the bike for almost 5 years now, and now that i just got a new swing arm...its all good

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
yeehaarider said:
i wouldnt mind finding a smaller travel bike, something light and inexpensive...what bike would you guys suggest?
I don't know what you consider light but I like Kona Stinkys alot. They're tough, cheap and handle great.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
yeehaarider said:
ha, are you talking about the guy that was possibly going to trade his two frames and components plus 1000? cuz that would have been a sweet deal...thanx a lot man...

+ 1000 bucks? I dont think T_Money has 1k bucks any ways. I have been trying to convince him to keep his new AC1.