Quantcast

I just got a Speedlite 580ex

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
This thing is awesome! I don't even know what to do with it, it has soooooooo many features.

Right now its mated to my Canon 10d. I figure, if I keep with the same manufacturer, I can upgrade my body later. Now all I need are some really nice lenses.............................:devil:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Nice, I got one a couple months ago and I really need to find an expert to tell me how to use it-to its capability...currently its 'just a flash'. Got a wicked deal on it so I got one.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i have a 420EX...i install and turn it on, and when i take a picture, light flashes.

you mean there's more that's supposed to happen?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
one thing the 5xx flashes can do that the 420ex (which i have as well) can't is drive wireless slaves.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BigMike said:
yeah, and be strobascopic (and be fully compatible with my camera)
strobascopic? you mean high speed sync? even a 220ex can do that i think :) . and any of the EX series will be "fully compatible" whatever that means hehe

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Toshi said:
strobascopic? you mean high speed sync? even a 220ex can do that i think :) . and any of the EX series will be "fully compatible" whatever that means hehe

You can set it to flash a certain number of times per shot. If I wanted to take a 15 second exposure, and have the flash go off twice a second, I could do that.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
And I mainly got the nicer flash because I'm shooting a friends wedding this weekend, and scared sh!tless. I've never done for real photography before, always just been a hobby.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Your lucky! I have the 420EX and want the 580 super bad! But im saving for a 70-200 f/2.8L right now! I hope to have it before mammoth nats. but I dont think it will happen!