Quantcast

i just got fired because of RM

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
GravityFreakTJ said:
was it stuff you posted or just stuff from RM in general?
both. they were just generally displeased.

now let me say this, due to this i am in no way asking anything to change on ridemonkey. i dont blame anyone or any particular comment either. its just the way shlt goes.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
biggins said:
both. they were just generally displeased.

now let me say this, due to this i am in no way asking anything to change on ridemonkey. i dont blame anyone or any particular comment either. its just the way shlt goes.
Maybe you should browse "Jesus" forums just as much so you can tell them you are trying to expel the evils of Ridemonkey and they would keep you on?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yeah... good times come and good times go. :cool:

On the other hand... employers should not be expected to put up wiht employees wasting company time and resources on internet browsing. :nope:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Serial Midget said:

On the other hand... employers should not be expected to put up employees wasting company time and resourses on internet browsing. :nope:

sure they should.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Serial Midget said:

On the other hand... employers should not be expected to put up employees wasting company time and resourses on internet browsing. :nope:

Agreed,but from his posts it sounds like they were mad over what he was looking at ,not the fact that he was on the internet.Which brings up the point that if other people were doing it, but not fired because they approved of what they were looking at.......

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn Biggins, sorry to hear it. Threads like this always scare me. :(

I've heard of fellow monkeys getting their internet access taken away at work, and monkeys have gotten RM blocked at the office, but I think this is the first RM-related firing I've seen.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Damn Biggins, sorry to hear it. Threads like this always scare me. :(

I've heard of fellow monkeys getting their internet access taken away at work, and monkeys have gotten RM blocked at the office, but I think this is the first RM-related firing I've seen.

YESSSSSSSSSS another first for biggins!!!!!!!

just kidding man. no worries this kind of stuff happens. Its not like im gonna stop surfing the monkey and posting useless drivel for everyone to oggle at.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ive met waaaaaay to many cool people through this site and have been cheered up by the people on her several times.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
MMike said:
Wow.... You always hear of it, but never figure it can really happen.
yeah...exactly what I was going to say. Hope you at least got a severance package out of it?

MMike said:
I got my hand slapped for excessive email two jobs ago. They had a manifest og all my emails...it was like 1000 in a month. Mostly to acadian@teamplanetx.com..... They opened with "Mike, what is team planet x?"
hahahaha - I remember that!!! ;)

I might also be jobless next Monday when I ask my manager for a transfer. :(

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Acadian said:
yeah...exactly what I was going to say. Hope you at least got a severance package out of it?

hahahaha - I remember that!!! ;)

I might also be jobless next Monday when I ask my manager for a transfer. :(

sure did not get anything like that. i was hourly so all i got a swift boot. i could actually tell however that my manager did not want to be doing what he was having to do.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
damn benny, kinda sorry to hear about that. only kinda, because i know you hated that place and maybe this is the kick in the pants you need to find a better place that makes you happier... it happened to me in a roundabout kinda way.

maybe you could start selling yourself as a tourguide to "The Hott Girls of Asheville!!!!" :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
now that is a damn fine idea. yeah ya know im lookin at it in a positive light. we wil lsee what comes of it i guess

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Sorry to hear that dude - that sucks! The company I consult for audits internet and email but never heard of anyone getting busted. Good luck in your job search. At least you can apply for unemployment right?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Sorry to hear that Ben.... I am sure you will find something that you dislike much much more. Go Tend Bar! You'd be the mac

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Biggins: Losing your job sucks, if for nothing else than you don't have a paycheck coming in, (no matter how $hitty it may be), to pay the bills. But you now have the opportunity for a fresh start and improve where/what you do for a living. Short-term things may be a little rough, but generally things work out for the better. Put togther/update your resume' and line up your references, there are better places out there to work. Places that pay better / treat you better, as well. :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Opeth said:
This might be your opportunity to relocate, start fresh. Sorry to hear about the loss of your job.

i have been thinking about that but i dont know whwere i would go. i dont have any job prospects lined up either. Should i pic somewhere, go and then find a job?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
biggins said:
i have been thinking about that but i dont know whwere i would go. i dont have any job prospects lined up either. Should i pic somewhere, go and then find a job?
While your sitting around think of some places where you would like to relocate to, then go look up the job listings for that area.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
narlus said:
biggins, sorry to hear of that suckitude.

head to flagstaff! the mountains are beckoning.
haha i already live right dead in the middle of mountains.maybe i need a change though. the thing is though that im not terribly upset about the whole thing. i mean it sucks suddenly being jobless but that will work out.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Come to ootah. Job growth is actually booming where I live but...It's behind the Zion Curtain. Killer riding, not so killer alcohol laws, and the crazy dominant religion might frighten you at first. But their womens have nice asses... :p

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
biggins said:
haha i already live right dead in the middle of mountains.maybe i need a change though. the thing is though that im not terribly upset about the whole thing. i mean it sucks suddenly being jobless but that will work out.
Colorado, buddy. But it is expensive here. The tech industry is recovering slow too.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That sucks, biggins, sorry to hear it.. Chance for a fresh start, though.

Hate to say it, but if they canned you because of RM without giving you a written or verbal warning first, someone was looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

Good luck with the job search!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
That sucks, biggins, sorry to hear it.. Chance for a fresh start, though.

Hate to say it, but if they canned you because of RM without giving you a written or verbal warning first, someone was looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

Good luck with the job search!
yeah thats the way i am looking at it as well. i did call management out a couple of times for their actions but they were asking for input.

i am trying to decide if iwant to relocate or stay here though. i guess we will see.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry dude. As a man who end up back in the bike shop because I was laid off while my boss was on vacation (thanks *sshole!!!), you got my sympathies.

As an ex-computer administrator, I understand corporate internet policies well. Frankly, internet access in the workplace is usually a distraction at best as well as a drain on resources. Intel, for example, does not allow external web access at the job.

The thing about surfing is that it looks like work. If whenever I started zoning at work I open a newspaper or wrote a personal letter, you know I'd be fired. That is the danger of web surfing on the job.

My old company, an lousy insurance company, blocked external email access (like hotmail, etc.), and at first I balked, but I quickly got used to it and left my mail to after work.

The reality about most jobs is that they really suck. I make this point about working a real job: when I am sitting in a cubicle, I surf bike sites. When I am working at a bike shop, I am not surfing computer administation sites...