Quantcast

I just got in the first car accident i've been in while driving

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Coming home from Price club, going down a resedential street in Richmond, some girl was going to make a U-turn (illegally) pulled out in front of me, and BAM! I slammed into her. I honked the whole time, and slammed on my brakes, but to no avail. I wasn't going to fast, but it still sucked. I was driving, with my roommate in the passenger seat, and hit the girls drivers side door.

No one was hurt (my neck and my rommates neck kinda hurt a little, but nothing big) but as I was hitting her, it was like it was in slow mo but over before it started. Its kinda weird. I was looking at the girls face as her window exploded and I hit her, and felt bad. Eventhough it was her fault, I still hit her, and it felt like it was my fault.

My Pathfinder wasn't hurt too bad (at least not that I can see, I know these things are always worse than they seem) but the drivers door on her Mustang is totally destroyed.

And on top of all that, I sill had my groceries in the back and the chicken thawed out :(

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Oh that sucks, but glad to hear you’re OK. Be cautious of anything other than muscle pain in your neck over the next couple days...

Was she mad at you or did she realize that she screwed up...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yes, the Chick was amazingly hot, which made the whole process a lot smoother. She was just leaving her boyfriends (I think) and as soon as he heard it, he came out and said he knew it was her. We made some jokes to make the whole thing not too awkward, I was just glad she wasnt hurt. If she was going a tiny bit slower, or I a tiny bit slower, it could have been way worse, I would have hit her directly, instead of right behind her.

Lets hear it for camera phones

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
BigMike said:
I made a visual representation to explain what happened :D
I'm sure your insurance company will love this ;)

I wonder if they have a wall that they hang everyone's drawings on. NYS required one as well. I enjoyed drawing the little cartoons for them.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bluebug32 said:
I'm sure your insurance company will love this ;)

I wonder if they have a wall that they hang everyone's drawings on. NYS required one as well. I enjoyed drawing the little cartoons for them.

nobody required it...... I was talking to my girlfriend telling her what happened, my laptop was right there, so I said i'd draw her a picture.

Nothing like taking a $1500 program and producing somthing like that! (I didn't use paint, I used Adobe CS2 :eek: )

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
whats that area that says boom all about???;)

glad to hear everyone is ok. It is just aggravation you need to deal with now