Quantcast

I just got my patent issued today!(Not bike related)

SCARY

Not long enough
#7,930,959.B1...Figured I'd share.Didn't get past 10th grade and always wanted something written on fancy paper to say I did something.

So 5 years and 10g's later...

It's bracket that holds a power feeder on a table saw fence that pulls the material through the saw without your hands getting anywhere near the blade of the saw.

I figured I'd share it with my e friends..and Doug too.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I didn't get past the 9th grade so I have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds cool though. :)

Does anyone remember when Mmike invented the gyroscopic toilet bowl for Bell? That was pretty cool - it was the first helicopter crapper design to effectively negate the electrostatic vortex created by the lift blades making it safe to crap on descent as well as ascent.

Good stuff!

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sweet.

I too have a patent (#7,062,905) and I remember what it felt like to get it. I almost view it as more of an achievement than my two degrees.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
#7,930,959.B1...Figured I'd share.Didn't get past 10th grade and always wanted something written on fancy paper to say I did something.

So 5 years and 10g's later...

It's bracket that holds a power feeder on a table saw fence that pulls the material through the saw without your hands getting anywhere near the blade of the saw.

I figured I'd share it with my e friends..and Doug too.
Nice work! I have a buddy who wishes you came up with this years ago so he would be able to count to 10 on his fingers.

Now you just gotta work on selling the idea to one of the big boys without getting hosed, often the hardest part.

SCARY

Not long enough
Nice work! I have a buddy who wishes you came up with this years ago so he would be able to count to 10 on his fingers.

Now you just gotta work on selling the idea to one of the big boys without getting hosed, often the hardest part.
Exactly,I really gotta psych myself up for having to do that part.I'm not really looking forward to it.I've learned from others that these sorts of things aren't really embraced by companies at large.You're seen as an outsider.

I can't believe how long it takes to get to this point,and that the patent office drags their feet and actually pulls BS moves to get more fees out of you.I almost gave up a couple times.

Thanks for the congrats,...the head angle is 61.5*.I don't mess around.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
Congrats! I know it takes a lot of work to get through the whole process, nevermind the work that goes into the product/idea.

However, it seems you have posted this in downhill section. Im unsure how this is downhill related. Unless you count the ever steepening descent towards pinkbike-dom on these boards.

:rolleyes: