Quantcast

I just got shafted by Marzocchi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, this one is simply weird, and it ticked me off a bit. I sent my 888 Works to ‘Zoke for a rebuild and a stanchion replacement. They charged my credit card, and they were paid. The thing is, I had a Marzocchi bag with the fork. I sent them my fork in the bag boxed up. I got my fork back tonight, with no bag. :disgust:

I called them up, and they said, there was no record of any bag. Now, I know there was because the RMA and payment information, plus a list of what was discussed to be done folded up and placed in the pocket. Not only did they say they did not receive a bag, but they had no interest in locating the bag, or replacing it. Funny how they got their payment though! Now, I did not send them the fork and bag to have them gank the bag. I don’t care who the company is, this is theft. :disgust1: I use the bag when I take the fork off and/or transport it, not that it matters, as what I use it for is no ones business.

It just pissed me off. So, I’m debating on calling the credit card company and reporting the payment as fraud.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Great forks, sh!ty customer service thus far...:plthumbsdown:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
damn dude that sucks. i have to say though this is not the first time i have heard of something like this from them and many other companies. when i send an repair in for work i send the absolute min. that they need. like when i send a frame in i take out the headset, of the rear shock, der hanger......

guero

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
Vancouver now Halifax
I'd think twice before reporting the payment as fraud. You paid for a service , which they provided - it's not fraud.

Sucks though man. I'd ask to speak to someone in charge and see if you can't get it sorted out.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
However in the course of business, there was a theft, therefore, payment would be stopped, rescinded, and once resolution to the aforementioned theft is resolved payment will be reissued. Simple as that. Statute of Frauds afford me protection.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
curious as to why you sent it in a bag, as opposed to just wrapped up in some form of protection...

recently we sent some forks to Fox for various issues including steerer replacement. when we got them back, we were shocked to see that not only was there a starnut already installed, but the steerers had been cut to length. fancy!

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I'd ask to speak to someone in charge and see if you can't get it sorted out.[/QUOTE]

i think i would try this before you do the whole fraud thing.speak to a manager tell them your an unhappy customer and see what happens then .

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
curious as to why you sent it in a bag, as opposed to just wrapped up in some form of protection...

recently we sent some forks to Fox for various issues including steerer replacement. when we got them back, we were shocked to see that not only was there a starnut already installed, but the steerers had been cut to length. fancy!
What was the steerer replacement for? I'm assuming bent steerer?

Would have been funny if you were getting it replaced with a new one to fit on another bike with a taller stack height, only to get it cut to the same length. :rofl:

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
In 2003 I had a marzocchi singlecrown fork, the fork where the crowns were drilled and tapped for their proprietary fender. That was the year that basically all of their fork crowns stress cracked in that location. I know of 3-4 people personally with the problem, as well as it being public knowledge on the internet.

Only a couple months old, I called marzocchi about a warranty once it had cracked. In a baseless claim the tech said that I was abusing the fork, and that warranties only cover manufacturer's defect, not crashing.

That makes sense, seeing as how thats how a warranty should work. But, I explained to him that it is clearly a manufacturers defect, seeing as the fork cracked as a result of the fender bolt holes which they had drilled and tapped. There are identical cracks in both holes in the same place, clearly the result of faulty casting or bad design. No dice, but at least now I have a 300 dollar wall decoration in my basement.

I haven't bought anything from them since. Not that I really would want to given what else is available.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I just sent a fox fork in for service over the holidays, and removed the axle, and all adjuster knobs and kept them, when i got my fork back, not only was it rebuilt for free, they gave me anothe axel and all nw knobs. Fox has always been good. Sucks to hear that tho, i would keep calling them till they come through, all my past dealings w/ marz have been pretty good....

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Not stoked on Marz customer service myself. I had a 2004 Super T that developed cracks in both legs well before the warranty period was over. They refused to warranty it. Got it fixed and sold it straight off. BTW, I'm a 125 lb girl. I shouldn't be able to break their fork after four months of use. NO more Marz for me, it's Fox all the way now.

P.S. They also told me over the phone before they even looked at the fork in person that they wouldn't warranty it. Bad business practice.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know what marzocchi charges for new lowers for a 888?

apefeet

Chimp
Aug 25, 2005
upstate new york
i have had first hand service issues with zoke(including over a 45 minute wait on the phone and mis installed steerers on my return) thats their rep right now. as for fox, i simple wanted my seals replaced at the u.s. open...i walked back an hour later and they handed me a fork with all new uppers and internals, they said i had a loose stanchion. i then asked what i owe and they said that this was how they do business...i paid nothing!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
What was the steerer replacement for? I'm assuming bent steerer?

Would have been funny if you were getting it replaced with a new one to fit on another bike with a taller stack height, only to get it cut to the same length. :rofl:
corroded, actually. everything on the fork was trashed...

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
interesting...i sent my fork in without a bag and got another one on return, of course I sent it in because it was blown from the factory

oh and they stole my rubber aircap too!!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
OK, this one is simply weird, and it ticked me off a bit. I sent my 888 Works to ‘Zoke for a rebuild and a stanchion replacement. They charged my credit card, and they were paid. The thing is, I had a Marzocchi bag with the fork. I sent them my fork in the bag boxed up. I got my fork back tonight, with no bag. :disgust:

I called them up, and they said, there was no record of any bag. Now, I know there was because the RMA and payment information, plus a list of what was discussed to be done folded up and placed in the pocket. Not only did they say they did not receive a bag, but they had no interest in locating the bag, or replacing it. Funny how they got their payment though! Now, I did not send them the fork and bag to have them gank the bag. I don’t care who the company is, this is theft. :disgust1: I use the bag when I take the fork off and/or transport it, not that it matters, as what I use it for is no ones business.

It just pissed me off. So, I’m debating on calling the credit card company and reporting the payment as fraud.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Great forks, sh!ty customer service thus far...:plthumbsdown:

I didnt read any posts, but seriously, ask for the boss. He goes out of his way to keep customers happy. I have personally had dealings with him myself, and I know if you explain to him he will take care of it. I hope you get it taken care of, but at the same time, settle for nothing less than getting the bag back. Anything else is unacceptable, and tell them so.....

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Didn't the bag come free with the fork? I personally was curious as to why they would spend the dough to make a goofy bag when they coulda spent that money on an extra set of knobs or stickers...etc. Something useful.

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
I live in europe and even there the service of marzocchi sucks. This is done by another company for germany and the netherlands. I send in a 66sl '06 because the lowers where misaligned so I had a lot of stiction and couldn't get the tru axle out without using a hammer.
They replaced the lowers but then I got a bill for replacing the steerer tube. I refused to pay because that wasn't what they did and it should be covered under warranty, after calling back and forth nothing changed so from my side I just stopped calling and didn't hear from then anymore.
Had some more bad experiences with them. They also sell cane creek double barrels, they charge 1200 euro, that would be about 1700 dollars... another company sells them for 650euro.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I had mixed dealings with them last season.
Morewood swore to me that they had my 888WC dialed by Zocchi from the factory. Mind you I am a big guy, and they knew this.

Got the fork, it was dialed for a 160lb rider.
I weighed 260...

I sent it back, and they screwed me with the "well new Ti springs would be really expensive for us, so we just put steel ones in for you..." after sending it back.

It worked fine, but I paid a lot more then the regular for the WC treatment, and got the shaft instead.

I need to send it back this week, sort of worried about getting the dutch door action once again.

Oh yea, and Ralph, they did this to you just because:
1. They hate you
2. You still owe me a beer from Snowshoe.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Why on earth did you send it to them in a bag to begin with?

Most companies will tell you on the phone to remove headset races, axles, crowns, derailleur hangers, shock reducers, whatever accessory comes on the product that you're shipping to them; because they are not liable for whether you get it back or not. Hell, I tell customers to take their ski straps off their skis, because when I'm tuning 20 pairs of skis in a day, the pile of straps I have on the floor get thrown away at 5pm.

It sucks that they didn't send you your bag back, and told you to get bent. However, sending it to them to begin with was a bonehead move. Never ever send the company more than they need to perform the job. They shouldn't have to hire deputy dog to find which accessory goes to which fork, and you shouldn't give them a reason to loose silly stuff from the start.

Poindexter

Chimp
Dec 25, 2007
Lots of dogs, only one Fox...

Dude that is the coolest pic I've ever seen. Sorry to hear about your bag, constantly bug the **** out of them. Tell them the bag was giving to you by your late aunt tilly and its irreplaceable....lol..

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I had mixed dealings with them last season.
Morewood swore to me that they had my 888WC dialed by Zocchi from the factory. Mind you I am a big guy, and they knew this.

Got the fork, it was dialed for a 160lb rider.
I weighed 260...

I sent it back, and they screwed me with the "well new Ti springs would be really expensive for us, so we just put steel ones in for you..." after sending it back.

It worked fine, but I paid a lot more then the regular for the WC treatment, and got the shaft instead.

I need to send it back this week, sort of worried about getting the dutch door action once again.

Oh yea, and Ralph, they did this to you just because:
1. They hate you
2. You still owe me a beer from Snowshoe.
It was the beer! I KNEW IT! ;)

It's not so much the bag, as the principle of the thing, and the sh!tty way in which I was delt with. Needless to say, this episode is not over.

And in response to the using the bag; to protect the fork during shipping. I just had no idea Marzocchi has thieves doing their work. Plain and simple...theft. So much for integrity.:disgust1:

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
We are talking about the cheap nylon bag that their aftermarket forks come with...right? Was it filled with money and a fork? If you have not tried it already I'd go through their customer service. They'd propbably be more apt to send you a new one, as opposed to warrenty. The shipping they'd pay is probably more expensive than that bag.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
Maybe Baxter has had the bag all along with the "fork" in it. But for real, Ralph call up Marzocchi and ask to speak with Ronny. That dude has always been straight with me, plus he does most of the work. Also a tip. Send the fork to me and I'll do the work. You must have seen the sign near my house that says" will work for weed".

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Bummer about the bag being ripped, those things are nice. I had one with my '06 888 works. I understand the principle of the deal. No doubt I'd be upset too.
I'd ask to speak to the supervisor or manager or whatever and see if you could get it resolved.

In reference to my experiences with Marzocchi. It has been great for me thus far. In '07 at Angel Fire, NM My new '07 888 SL ATA stuck compressed. I called them up and they sent me a new cartridge over night to Angel Fire, NM. No charge. And I was able to ride again. I don't know how many of you have been to Angel Fire, But those of you that have know how remote that place is. :clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.