Quantcast

I just got totally dicked with by a coworker!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
SkaredShtles said:
WTF is wrong with goat cheese? Feta is goat cheese and that stuff kicks ass.

Now if it was fromunda cheese........... :dead:

-S.S.-
Actually feta can be made from any kind of milk (Goat/Cow/Sheep etc) the name translates to mean "slice" but more accurately it is the style in which the cheese is made that makes it feta not the type of milk used. Most feta exported to the US are made from cow's milk FWIW. Here is an excerpt from a webpage I found by googling.

" Feta is a classic and famous Greek curd cheese whose tradition dates back thousands of years and is still made by shepherds in the Greek mountains with unpasteurized milk. It was originally made with goat's or sheep's milk, but today much is often made commercially with pasteurized cow's milk (the firmer cow's milk version is made for export). The curdled milk (curdled with rennet) is separated and allowed to drain in a special mold or a cloth bag.* It is cut into large slices (feta means 'slice') that are salted and then packed in barrels filled with whey or brine.
** * Salted and cured in a brine solution (which can be either water or whey) for a week to several months (this is why it is sometimes called a 'pickled' cheese). Feta dries out rapidly when removed from* the brine.
** * Feta cheese is white, usually formed into square cakes, and can range from soft to semi-hard, with a tangy, salty flavor that can range from mild to sharp. Its fat content can range from 30 to 60 percent; most is around 45 percent milk fat. It is now made in many countries, but usually the pasteurized cow's milk version, on a commercial scale.
** * Feta is delicious crumbled over salads (the Classic Greek Salad), or together with sliced tomatoes, sprinkled with olive oil and fresh herbs. It is also used as a filling for puff pastry (feuilletes)."

Either way, I love feta and I love goat cheese. mmmmm tasty! my GF and I go through a large chunk of feta weekly, we mostly use it on salads and in omelettes.

Won't be touching any fromunda (smegma) cheese anytime soon. :eviltongu

Lisa- Did you get in trouble because the biotch lied or are you all good?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Could you imagine a ZZ Top-type ass-beard? The poop would slide down it. On the one hand, that's just nasty, but on the other, you'd never have that annoying back splash.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
punkassean said:
Actually feta can be made from any kind of milk (Goat/Cow/Sheep etc) the name translates to mean "slice" but more accurately it is the style in which the cheese is made that makes it feta not the type of milk used. Most feta exported to the US are made from cow's milk FWIW. Here is an excerpt from a webpage I found by googling.

Lisa- Did you get in trouble because the biotch lied or are you all good?
Thanks for the rundown on the cheese!

Nope...I didn't get in trouble. They ended up with their barricades. The goat meet and greet will take place this afternoon, and all is good. I just don't like someone blatantly pointing the finger at me when I was completely innocent...if I had f'd up, I'd readily accept blame. But with cutbacks and stuff goin on, I don't want anyone close to the city manager, mayor, director...saying I dropped the ball on something when I didn't. Still debating on what to say to her.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
dh girlie said:
So is the hayer on your ass as long as the hayer on your head?
I just reach down there and grab a handfull every now and then, and rip it out....seems to keep it from creeping out of my riding shorts.

:D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Darkreaper said:
This thread has gone so far downhill it could just about be used as a Whistler run...
Uh, it's a dh girlie thread, what'd you expect?