Quantcast

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
No I don't have anything lined up, yes I am a little nervous. I haven't told the principle investigator, I will talk to her tomorrow. It's a little daunting but it feels really good to have the end in sight.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Finally! Hope it works out and remember, if opportunity closes one door, crawl through the window!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
You have bigger balls than I, hope the job hunt goes well. What happened to the lower paying, some weekends, gig?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oh, you'll settle into that warm fuzzy feeling of contentment soon enough. I quit last week and it's been awesome coming in, talking to people, listening to people bitch about this and that, etc... I can't stop smiling.

Best of all is being asked to do something urgently and using the 'ol:

"Mmm..yeah. I'm gonna have to go ahead and get you to do that yourself." While posting on RM of course...

I sat in a meeting today and actively participated in thinking of all kinds of things that would be great to do, but have zero probablilty of actually being done.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My wife needs a better job so I can quit my f'n job too!

Good luck Laura. And enjoy the time between jobs. Slack off a bit, sleep in late, wake n bake!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
one of the best feelings in the world.

I just got a job, also one of the best feelings in the world.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I guess when you have enough you have enough....Im starting to reach that point at my job and I am beginning to look elsewhere.. i give you credit for quiting without something lined up though...I dont think id do that ..ever..

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
This is a bad time to be out of work. Good luck.
I'm not sweating it. I've got an interview on Friday and I've made some pretty good connections. I've got a couple of resumes out right now and frankly, I'm happy to take a position at a grocery store right now. This **** has been taxing.

Poney

Chimp
Aug 1, 2008
congrads ! thats gotta be such a relief to ditch a job you dislike !

ive been sick of my job for over a year now, just dont have the berries to quit yet. stress is very high, but so is the pay. guess you reach a point when your happiness and sanity matter more than a pay check.

anyway, best of luck.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Didn't you just get this job? I am sorry to say the previous job I offered you at the bank is no longer vacant but we do need a new fluffer.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
didnt they cut your pay by 10%...thats their way of telling you that they dont care about their employees.
i would have rather been fired at the point....good choice