Quantcast

I just saw a commercial for Saudi Arabia..

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
It was basically a "feel good" type of thing saying how they are such an ally in the war against terrorism, and listed a few snippets to prove it...

What I wonder is why the US would align itself with a country that has such poor human rights. I mean a country where the government would rather let 15 girls burn to death than be rescued because they weren't wearing proper Islamic dress, should not be our ally in anything.

Pistol

Chimp
Jul 8, 2002
SD
Originally posted by Tenchiro
a country where the government would rather let 15 girls burn to death than be rescued because they weren't wearing proper Islamic dress, should not be our ally in anything.
There is no room for compassion or rational thinking in politics.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I've gotta agree with you there. I think I saw that commercial too...made me sick.

We've been bombing the wrong country. The Saudis are generally lying two faced bastards. (I'm talking about their leaders here, not the average man on the street).

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
With allies like Saudi Arabia, who needs enemies? 2-faced bastids! It's an alliance of convenience. Find another country to get oil from (or better yet, develop alternative sources), and they'd be one of the "axis of evil" for harboring so many terrorists. I haven't seen the commercial, but have they even lifted a finger in the war on terrorism? :angry:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by rbx
if you knew what kisinger wanted to do my native country you would be surprised to find that some terrorists are closer to your door than others...
are you hinting at "canadian terrorist"?!! wow...that's like saying there was a mean care-bear. "STOP! OR I'LL GIVE YOU THE CARE BEAR STARE!"

rbx

Monkey
no i was born in lebanon mr kisinger wanted to strike a deal with canada during the 15year war to "ease" the entry of lebanese into the country in order to make more place for palestians to come in their place that was his solution to the palestian/isarele conflict...

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Damn True
I saw that too.

They negleted to mention however that every one of the Sep 11 terroists were Saudi and that Al-Queda get's about 75% of it's funding from Saudi fundamentalists.
This isn't true. At least one of them was Egyptian.

JOhnG

Chimp
Dec 23, 2001
DC
Originally posted by Damn True
I saw that too.

They negleted to mention however that every one of the Sep 11 terroists were Saudi and that Al-Queda get's about 75% of it's funding from Saudi fundamentalists.
all KKK members are american, and they get all thier funding for thier terroriest activities from within the US. does africa have a right to bomb us? hate breeds hate and war breeds war.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by JOhnG

all KKK members are american, and they get all thier funding for thier terroriest activities from within the US. does africa have a right to bomb us? hate breeds hate and war breeds war.
When was the last time the KKK hijacked a plane and flew it to Africa killing 3,000 innocent civilians? I think it was 1986:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BurlySurly

When was the last time the KKK hijacked a plane and flew it to Africa killing 3,000 innocent civilians? I think it was 1986:rolleyes:
Hmm, anyone remember the Oklahoma City bombing? That was an American based & funded terrorist killing Americans on a grand scale.

It is untrue to assume from this event that all white male Americans are racist extremists, as it is equally untrue to assume that all middle eastern men are terrorists.

P.S. The KKK managed to hurt, maim and kill quite a few people in the U.S., it's just that those deaths were spread out over time and place, not concentrated in one area on one day.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by dirtgirl

Hmm, anyone remember the Oklahoma City bombing? That was an American based & funded terrorist killing Americans on a grand scale.

It is untrue to assume from this event that all white male Americans are racist extremists, as it is equally untrue to assume that all middle eastern men are terrorists.

P.S. The KKK managed to hurt, maim and kill quite a few people in the U.S., it's just that those deaths were spread out over time and place, not concentrated in one area on one day.
Dont get me wrong here.

I would never condone or agree with anything the KKK has ever done, I was only pointing out that the two situations arent a very real comparison......not only in scale in magnitude, but also in that the KKK never attacked Africa itself, it only concentrated in the US and on Americans (or African Americans if that means anything) not on African citizens.

Not all middle eastern men are terrorists.........Id never say anything like that, and im not even sure where you inferred that from me.

Originally posted by BurlySurly

Not all middle eastern men are terrorists.........Id never say anything like that, and im not even sure where you inferred that from me.
sorry, i didn't mean to sound like i was accusing you of thinking that way. i was just venting, i've been hearing a lot of that thinking lately and it really bugs me. glad you're smarter than that. :)