Quantcast

I just saw a deadly crash (probably)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
A guy in an early 90's grey Pontiac grand am pulled out from a light just as a woman in a black Mercedes sport ute (probably on a cell phone) blew through a red light and hit him driver side. His driver's side seat was pushed to where the passenger should have been, and flattened. He had head injuries, and a paramedic showed up and moved him out of the smoking car as it caught on fire. There wasn't really choice, if he survives he will probably have some serious problems. Meanwhile the woman in the SUV was refusing to leave her car, Her car was smashed, but the passenger compartment was intact.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
wow, that sucks.

I still remember an accident I saw 12 years ago... where I held the hand of a man while two of his four children were on their last breaths :(

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Reactor said:
A guy in an early 90's grey Pontiac grand am pulled out from a light just as a woman in a black Mercedes sport ute (probably on a cell phone) blew through a red light and hit him driver side. His driver's side seat was pushed to where the passenger should have been, and flattened. He had head injuries, and a paramedic showed up and moved him out of the smoking car as it caught on fire. There wasn't really choice, if he survives he will probably have some serious problems. Meanwhile the woman in the SUV was refusing to leave her car, Her car was smashed, but the passenger compartment was intact.

did the cops take your report about the woman talking on the phone??
that might help to do some justice.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LordOpie said:
wow, that sucks.

I still remember an accident I saw 12 years ago... where I held the hand of a man while two of his four children were on their last breaths :(
:eek: Incredibly coureagous! I will never forget a bad accident with multiple casualties that I saw when I was about 8-9. We were driving home from Florida (I used to spend the summers there with my grandparents) and there was a horrific crash on I-95. I remember seeing a car with the top ripped off, a carseat covered with blood but no baby inside and a tractor-trailor truck with a van (full-sized) wedged under/into it. I get chills even thinking about it! That was the first time I ever saw a body being zipped into a body bag.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
ALEXIS_DH said:
did the cops take your report about the woman talking on the phone??
that might help to do some justice.
He doesn't know for sure that she was on a cellphone, so telling the cops that's what actually happened may come back to bite him in the ass.

Reactor, thats awfull. I've seen some pretty gnarly crahses and you never really forget about them.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Other people talked to the police, I was directing traffic trying to get people away from the burning car.

I just went back and the police have Ray road (3 lanes each side) blocked off and yellow taped, so they are doing a deadly crash investigation. It appears the guy didn't make it. At the scene I didn't see any skid marks...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Reactor said:
Other people talked to the police, I was directing traffic trying to get people away from the burning car.

I just went back and the police have Ray road (3 lanes each side) blocked off and yellow taped, so they are doing a deadly crash investigation. It appears the guy didn't make it. At the scene I didn't see any skid marks...
:( You are a good man for helping out in such an awful situation!

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
thats horrible, the other week i was driving behind my friends when they swerved off the road into a tree. 45 to 0 doesnt do a car any good at all. with that condition that the car was in all 4 of them should be dead, but thank goodness the only injury was a broken wrist to the driver. kudos to subaru for that one

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
It was definitely a bad one ... I was coming back from a road ride and ran into the mess. That car was charred; I haven't seen that many emergency vehicles show up for a collision in years.

It just figures that the lady in the Mercedes walked away unscathed while the poor guy who wasn't at fault most likely ate-it.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Reactor said:
I felt awful about the whole thing, but there wasn't much I could do for the guy. I just felt helpless.
Wow, hang in there, Reactor. It's so scary to see things like that, but at least you were able to do something to help, rather than just having to watch and drive away not knowing the outcome.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I saw A gnarly accident on the way to downieville. it was a roll over and there was two adults and a little girl that had here arm ripped off. :( They were hauling ass when they passed me and the road was icy. I know acadian was the one maikng the 911 call

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Damn.

Hang up and drive people.

Sorry you had to see that Reactor.

I've seen my share of horrible road damage. 15 years of touring the states, you see every kind of wreck. Motorcycle stuff is the worst.
:dead:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
maxyedor said:
He doesn't know for sure that she was on a cellphone, so telling the cops that's what actually happened may come back to bite him in the ass.

Reactor, thats awfull. I've seen some pretty gnarly crahses and you never really forget about them.
yeah but they could pull her records to see if she was on the phone at the time!