Quantcast

I just saw Garden State this weekend...Wow

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That is a great movie. I highly recommend it. Good soundtrack too.

J

JRB

The only movie that borders sucking as much as that is "Open Water". Unfortunately, I saw them back to back. I almost shot myself.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dh girlie said:
I'd go see it if that chick Natalie Portman didn't bug the hell outta me for some weird reason...
Is that just from the latest Star Wars movies? Because Jar-Jar REALLY annoys me :)

Personally, I think she's great.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I saw that as well - my roommate rented it. I'm not sure how much into the movie I started watching it, but it couldn't have been too far; he was in the psych's office and had just met Natalie.

Anyhow.. I thought it was really funny. I was suprised how much I liked it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dh girlie said:
All I have to say to this folks is...read my signature...the last part where I quote loco...I'd say it's pretty safe to say we cannot rely on movie recommendations from loco-gringo :nuts:
Hey - shut your clanging cake-hole, Miss "I really loved Seed of Chucky"............ :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
The only movie that borders sucking as much as that is "Open Water". Unfortunately, I saw them back to back. I almost shot myself.
Man.... should have told Julie to rent Little Black Book as well to watch with them and this place would have been a whole lot better.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Hey now! I didn't recommend ANYTHING...all I was saying is...loco gringo really has no business giving his Siskel and Ebert on ANY film after admitting he saw Raising Helen...
Look here c**t, I saw the movie. Seeing and loving are two different things. I know that Mallrats is one of the best ever. Go see how freakin funny Napoleon Dynamite is and then judge me. :eviltongu

J

JRB

stosh said:
Man.... should have told Julie to rent Little Black Book as well to watch with them and this place would have been a whole lot better.
If, by chance, you can bet your ass it will not be mentioned here. :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
If, by chance, you can bet your ass it will not be mentioned here. :think:
If you watched that movie it would have been the suicide trifecta!!!

I did like Garden State though.

J

JRB

stosh said:
If you watched that movie it would have been the suicide trifecta!!!

I did like Garden State though.
It was ok in a "Blue Velvet" kind of a way. If I am gonna sit through obscure and odd, give me "Donnie Darko".

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Havent seen the movie, but the sound track is awesome. Postal Service, Jesus and Mary Chain. I have all those cd's, i was supprised that small time bands like that would be in a movie, well The Jesus And Mary Chain did "just like honey" for lost in translation.

EDIT: i thought a little black book was a little too sappy. but it was a pretty good movie. just a little bit overacted.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
No,
She may just have current prospects on College Cuties... :D I'm sorry, but the penny has already been put on the track...

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Curb Hucker said:
Call that number its TheKadvang's someone posted it on MTBR, so I figued i'd take advantage of the situation and put it in my signature
Bwaha...How nice of you. A short but funny story, this dude who had been an a**hole to me and a couple friends were mysteriously receiving calls from men searching for other men a week later. :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
my god, Open Water was horrible. good lord. what a waste.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
my god, Open Water was horrible. good lord. what a waste.
:stupid:

I was looking forward to it, too... So many comments about it being terrifying. It was utterly awful - the only scene that was even remotely well done was the jellyfish scene.

Everything else was pitiful. It was poorly acted, poorly directed, and if anything could be called "scary" about that movie, it was the fact that I paid $4 to rent it.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i paid $5 :(

and on top of that the "Batman: Rise of the Sin Tzu" case was behind the rally racing game box, so instead of a racing game, i got batman. ah. bad night at Blockbuster.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I watched Garden State this week in place of a normal club meeting (I am president of the Lovers of The Garden State Club here at Middlebury College; we watch Jersey movies when we can) and was pretty impressed. It had some good moments and, if nothing else, it was a solid debut for Braff. Perhaps the only disappointing thing was that there was not anything particularly "Jersey" about the movie.

Tonight I think I am going to watch Raging Bull for the first time. Should be fun.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It suprised me (having grown up Jersey myself...) that it wasn't really about New Jersey at all. Kind of refreshing, in that I thought it would be a Kevin Smith level of Jersey schlock, which is fun, but getting overdone. It was a good watch, and an excellent directorial debut, but not really amazing or anything. I thought it was a solid flick.

MD