Quantcast

I Just Want A Fork

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
OK, I`ve got everything I need for my Working Class Hero but a a good rigid fork. I`ve been waiting for some new product but its just not coming. BTI has nothing I like in stock either. I want a 10mm axle NO brake fork. Identiti would do or even a DMR. All these companies claim to make one but no one has any for sale. Or they are in some place like POland. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I am in the US.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
try to get in touch with doberman or ns bikes. they have some good looking rigid forks coming out. also no disc tabs.

ns

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
In the Doberman pics I`ve seen the forks have HUGE dropouts. The Cheaper NS fork is listed at BTI but not in stock. Plus it weighs nearly 4 pounds! The lighter one (In your picture) is kinda short but still nice and not available yet. Plus it doesn`t help that they are in Poland.

Graydog

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
H-Town
You could take a look at the Fire Eye Stroker. Its allitle taller at 435ATC. Looks pretty good, but has some ugly brake bosses that could be easily taken care of with a dremel tool.

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
I`d rather not buy a new fork only to have to carve it up to my liking. I hate to whine here but it looks like everyone is "Coming out" with a fork soon but has nothing in stock right now. The weather here is beautiful and its killing me not to be able to ride.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Just get the NS from BTI. You're not going to find much lighter and still maintain strength.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
Actually, they have the 14mm DMR, no disc/v tabs. it will work fine w/ 3/8" stepdown hat washers.

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
No one has NS forks in stock or at least no one in the US and I would really hate to use any kind of adaptors if I can help it. (But I may have to) and I definately won`t buy a new fork only to grind averything off of it and re powdercoat it.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
OK, I`ve got everything I need for my Working Class Hero but a a good rigid fork. I`ve been waiting for some new product but its just not coming. BTI has nothing I like in stock either. I want a 10mm axle NO brake fork. Identiti would do or even a DMR. All these companies claim to make one but no one has any for sale. Or they are in some place like POland. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I am in the US.
i used to have the bmx bias against suspension forks. . . until i actually rode one for a while. now i never want to go back to rigid. are you going to mostly street and skatepark riding, or DJ and trails too?

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
Just some street and dirt. I have no need for suspension nor do I want the extra expense and weight. I like to keep things simple. I just heard from Identiti and they are sold out for about a month. So hopefully one of the other companies will come through for me.

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
I just saw some Axiom forks on Ebay for cheap. At best these would a temporary til I can what I really want. Does anyone know anything about these? I can`t find a website for them. Are they a decent length?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I know Demololition make a 26" fork now as well as supercross .

These are 26" crusier froks thought , they really arnt many rigid MTB forks availible for freestyle MTB right now . Possibly somethng better wil be availible around SeaOtter .... stay tuned

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
Yeah, I think the Axiom forks are too short too. I don`t want to spend a $100 bucks or more for something to ride a couple months until something better comes out so i may just have to wait it out. Sea Otter is like a month away though right? Thats a lot of choice riding weather wasted....

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I think Axiom was an OEM brand for Norco.

That's too bad the Rebates are out right now. Try contacting GMD here, I know he has been lightly pondering building and selling a basic rigid fork, but I have no idea how busy he is at the moment or at what cost they would be sold... may be worth a try though, and no doubt it would be a super sick set of legs, exactly how you would want them too.

Hey Brad, email me one of these days when you get a chance and let me know what's up, I've still got a bike on hold waiting...