Quantcast

I just watched Gothika this week....ummm

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
OK, I admit I was guessing all the way through the movie. It was a decent movie that kept me involved....

Did anyone else like it?

I know there wasn't much of Halle Berry naked in the movie :sneaky: :rolleyes:

I didn't start catching on until the farm scene....but I wasn't on totally right all the way thru the movie.

I don't know I enjoyed it.

Rhino

*most details have been left out to protect the people who haven't seen the movie yet*

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Well, I started to catch on before the farm scene and then that scene just confirmed my assumption...then it was pretty much predictable.
I was seriously disappointed in this movie. The previews looked like it was going to be a really cool "freaky" movie.
But it ended up with the exact same premise as "Stir of Echoes" and a bit like "The 6th Sense" which were both much better movies.
I'm quite pleased that I did not pay movie theater prices to see it...just one of the movies on my NetFlix list.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Echo said:
Not to wee in your wheaties... but I thought that was the dumbest and worst movie I have ever seen...
Really?

worst than Starship Troopers? :D

I thought it was OK....it kept me watching it and not watching the clock. I don't ask alot from movies. Just that it entertain me for that 90 or so minutes.

That Robin hood movie from the 90's put me to sleep....more than once. :o:

Black hawk Down dragged on for me too....don't know why. Has all them blowing up things in it.

R

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
KrusteeButt said:
But it ended up with the exact same premise as "Stir of Echoes" and a bit like "The 6th Sense" which were both much better movies.
I'm quite pleased that I did not pay movie theater prices to see it...just one of the movies on my NetFlix list.
6th sense surprised me...:o:

Never seen Stir of Echoes.

My fiances brother has netflix and sent this one to me.....

I wasn't expecting a big scary movie...so maybe my expectations weren't as high? WIth my stereo blasting it was enough to make the action come alive.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Gothika wasn't terrible but I wouldn't say I liked it either. It was decent. I do admit I didn't predict the end until it almost happened, so that was good. If you want a movie were you can't guess the killer is Urban Legends. I was so suprised who the killer was in that one.

Movies I have seen this week though: Dodgeball, Big Fish, and Badder Santa. Dodgeball was overhyped to me and made out to be more funny than it actually was. It was pretty good, though. Badder Santa wasn't very funny but I liked the ending and thought it was decent. Big Fish though is one of the best movies I have seen. If you havent seen it you should go rent it.

KrusteeButt

Jul 3, 2001
Starship Troopers...loved it! I thought it was funny and, for the time, the "bug effects" were pretty cool.
Starship Troopers 2 (which went straight to video) was truly one of the worst movies of all times!

Which Robin Hood movie? The one with Kevin Costner? Eh, I thought it was alright. I liked everyone in it except for Mr. Costner (aka the anti-Christ).

Black Hawk Down was pretty disappointing because the book, in my opinion, was fantastic. The movie was just chaos...maybe that's what they were going for, to try to convey that's what it felt like to the guys out there. But when you make a movie, you have to keep the people into it. After about an hour I had a headache from everything in the screen seeming like it was constantly shaking.

Ok...that's just my $0.02 on some movies.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i actually own starship troopers. :D it's better if you've read the book...

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I liked Gothika. I was sure about one being involved, but the farm seen summed it up for me too. Black Hawk down did drag...Movies I saw this week were Mystic River...that one had a good twist at the end, I was so leaning one direction, and was like no way when they started uncovering the truth. Cold Mountain...drug a while. I hated that bleach blonde dude. 50 first dates, I've been a little unimpressed lately with Adam Sandler, but I liked 50 first dates. I'm hoping to catch Spiderman the weekend.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
BTW...I haven't seen the ring yet, but everyone tells me I have to see it. I think I might try and rent that this weekend too. What was the other one....I think it was U-turn or wrong turn or something like that. My cousin told me that movie was just wrong, and he'll never go into a small town ever again.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Echo said:
I'm pretty sure Starship Troopers was cheesy on purpose, I thought it was funny as hell :thumb:
If they were shooting for cheesy like Power Rangers....then they hit their target. :)

I must not have seen the humor....overall baaaaaad movie. Maybe I just am not into all the subtle jokes? *shrug* I can usually watch bad movies over again, but I refuse to watch SST I tried once and turned away after about 15 minutes.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
KrusteeButt said:
Which Robin Hood movie? The one with Kevin Costner? Eh, I thought it was alright. I liked everyone in it except for Mr. Costner (aka the anti-Christ).

Black Hawk Down was pretty disappointing because the book, in my opinion, was fantastic. The movie was just chaos...maybe that's what they were going for, to try to convey that's what it felt like to the guys out there. But when you make a movie, you have to keep the people into it. After about an hour I had a headache from everything in the screen seeming like it was constantly shaking.

Ok...that's just my $0.02 on some movies.
Robinhood? I don't know the one with the annoying "hit song" by brian adams? I was asleep through almost the whole thing. :D

BHD...Maybe it was the camera shake that annoyed me....:think: Could be. I just felt like it dragged on when it could have been shortened without loosing much. But I didn't watch it to close it kinda blended for me.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
It was OK. That one scene where the ghost appears behind her in the cell scared the #$^@# outa me.

The rest was only ok.
Not enough :drool:

motobrandt

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Gothika was cool. It just wasn't great and it certainly wasn't the kind of movie that the previews made it out to be. If you saw it without a buildup from previews or trailers then you probably were impressed.

I love misdirection. I also love cheesy movies like starship troopers :) or Smokey and the Bandit!!! :dancing: lol

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
motobrandt said:
Gothika was cool. It just wasn't great and it certainly wasn't the kind of movie that the previews made it out to be. If you saw it without a buildup from previews or trailers then you probably were impressed.

I love misdirection. I also love cheesy movies like starship troopers :) or Smokey and the Bandit!!! :dancing: lol
Smokey & the Bandit wasn't cheesy........it was RAD! :D

It was just 70's movie that is all.....the sequels were more and more cheeseball. :D

motobrandt

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Bellingham, WA
RhinofromWA said:
Smokey & the Bandit wasn't cheesy........it was RAD! :D

It was just 70's movie that is all.....the sequels were more and more cheeseball. :D
Yeah I know it was RAD that's why I brought it up, but seriously... there's nothing quite as cheesy as a moustache wearing hairy dude with sunglasses unbottoning his shirt and tearin it up in a Firebird Trans-Am! You gotta love it!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
KrusteeButt said:
On the other hand, there was "Cannonball Run".... :rolleyes:
Which only gets better with age...LOL Is that the one with the chinese monk in the west guy? You know the one that lifts a glowing couldren with his forearms in the opening credits....

Cannonball Run (I, II, III,.....4 or 5?) were theatrical master peices. (j/k)

Rhino

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
motobrandt said:
Yeah I know it was RAD that's why I brought it up, but seriously... there's nothing quite as cheesy as a moustache wearing hairy dude with sunglasses unbottoning his shirt and tearin it up in a Firebird Trans-Am! You gotta love it!
It gets me play...........:D :help:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I liked Starship Troopers as well. So damn corny that I found it entertaining.....not funny/corny like Ace Ventura Pet Detective, but entertaining none the less.

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
RhinofromWA said:
OK, I admit I was guessing all the way through the movie. It was a decent movie that kept me involved....

Did anyone else like it?

I know there wasn't much of Halle Berry naked in the movie :sneaky: :rolleyes:

I didn't start catching on until the farm scene....but I wasn't on totally right all the way thru the movie.

I don't know I enjoyed it.

Rhino

*most details have been left out to protect the people who haven't seen the movie yet*
I :love: this movie! :thumb: It just make U think on who is the killer...

Regards
sbw

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Haven't seen it....didn't hear good things so I skipped out on that one.

Just watched Spiderman 2, Charlie's Angels Full Throttle, Anger Management and bought Big Fish (haven't watched it yet but there's gonna be rain everyday this week so maybe I will ge the chance).

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
JSB said:
BTW...I haven't seen the ring yet, but everyone tells me I have to see it. I think I might try and rent that this weekend too. What was the other one....I think it was U-turn or wrong turn or something like that. My cousin told me that movie was just wrong, and he'll never go into a small town ever again.
Hopefully the US-version of the Ring is better than the Japanese version, Ringu -- which totally dumbfounded me as the gaps in the plot made it hard to fiollow. All of a sudden they're at a well and....

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
TreeSaw said:
Haven't seen it....didn't hear good things so I skipped out on that one.

Just watched Spiderman 2, Charlie's Angels Full Throttle, Anger Management and bought Big Fish (haven't watched it yet but there's gonna be rain everyday this week so maybe I will ge the chance).
I hope you like Big Fish as much as I did. Let me now what you think once you watch it.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Colin said:
Hopefully the US-version of the Ring is better than the Japanese version, Ringu -- which totally dumbfounded me as the gaps in the plot made it hard to fiollow. All of a sudden they're at a well and....
I personally thought that The Ring was pretty bad, for all the hype that surrounded it, the end didn't really end the movie...

KrusteeButt

Jul 3, 2001
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I personally thought that The Ring was pretty bad, for all the hype that surrounded it, the end didn't really end the movie...
Me too...it definitely had its freaky parts that made me jump here and there. But all in all I was disappointed.
Maybe it was hyped too much. I was told that the original, Japanese version is better. Who knows. I won't bother.