Quantcast

I just watched idiocracy again.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
.....and in the scene where President Commacho introduces Joe to the House O' Representin', I noticed for the first time the President gets heckled. By the senator from South Carolina.

That movie constantly astonishes me with its ability to predict the future.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I know, it is a comedy but every day I see more and more stuff that is straight out of the movie and that really bothers me. At this rate, it won't take 500 years to end up where the movie takes place, maybe 50 years is more like it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know, it is a comedy but every day I see more and more stuff that is straight out of the movie and that really bothers me. At this rate, it won't take 500 years to end up where the movie takes place, maybe 50 years is more like it.
You guys do know that movie is just a simple extrapolation from current conditions right?

There's some clever in there but it's nothing psychic.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You guys do know that movie is just a simple extrapolation from current conditions right?

There's some clever in there but it's nothing psychic.
I don't know. For a movie that was released in 2006, the president getting heckled by some d-bag from South Carolina seems pretty damn prescient to me.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
One of favorite movies and its happening. The other night I was at a festival with my wife and kid and I saw more people using the automatic door openers and closers on their minivans than people who actually used their arms and hands to open them. Pitiful.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One of favorite movies and its happening. The other night I was at a festival with my wife and kid and I saw more people using the automatic door openers and closers on their minivans than people who actually used their arms and hands to open them. Pitiful.
Minivans are part of the problem. These people, they buy a minivan after kid #1 and think that the point of the minivan is to fill the damn thing up with offspring.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Minivans are part of the problem. These people, they buy a minivan after kid #1 and think that the point of the minivan is to fill the damn thing up with offspring.
Minivans should be sold with a sample pack of RU-486 and one free vasectomy.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
nope, that would be the CON-servatives.....the rest of us are either laughing or crying at the idea...

Same crap going on up here with "Northern Gateway" a proposed pipeline from Alberta to the BC coast, but not the coast coast, but to Kitamat which is way up a series of tight narrow channels - no problem for the oil tankers right, what could go wrong....???

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I thought Canadians know it won't be safe, which is why they want it built through the US instead of through their own damn lands... :)
so they only care about the money then....no better than americans.