Quantcast

I just won...

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
a Pike 454 Air U-Turn 110-140 Grey Poploc...

at a raffle for our local trail organization fundraiser. $50 in raffle tickets was far better spent than the $1 spent on the Powerball last week. Just wanted to gloat! :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Was that at the BlackRock Fundraiser? I wanted to go, but there's no way I can make it to Salem by 6:00.

How was the flick?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
jimmydean said:
Was that at the BlackRock Fundraiser? I wanted to go, but there's no way I can make it to Salem by 6:00.

How was the flick?
Yepper, the BFA fundraiser. About the movie, well, it was weird. They showed the movie in the background during the raffle (which lasted FOREVER, so I understand why they did it). However, they didn't have any volume on (or maybe my mind was just swimming with excitement after I won the fork, thus causing me to not hear the music). Anyway, when the raffle ended and they started packing up, I said "hey, aren't we going to watch the movie for real?"

Anyway, it was still fun, and some of the local footage was good, albeit hard to watch (non-stable camera shots hurt my eyes after a while).

Sorry you missed it. Good people, good prizes, good beer, good cause.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yes, the guys at Santiam are good friends of mine (I remeber talking to Troy when he first thought about buying it). I don't get down there as often as I used to since I moved, but I still consider it my lbs.

Glad to hear it was a good time. I haven't seen much of the footage that has been shot in Falls City, but I look forward to riding it this spring.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
jimmydean said:
...but I still consider it my lbs.
I know a lot of people from as far south as Eugene that consider it their "local" lbs. You could do a WHOLE lot worse than Santiam; Troy is way cool, as are many of the other staff members, and their collective commitment to the cycling scene (downhill/freeride, XC, bmx, road, cross, etc.) is absolutely infallible.

Anyone that is headed up through Oregon would be well served by stopping into Santiam, checking out the inventory, getting a map of Falls City (made by yours truly) and getting a ride in.

DirtyMike said:
Nice score, now the question is... keep it for yourself?? .... Or Ebay for more profit???
Yeah, I'm pretty damn stoked. You raise a good question. I haven't decided yet, though I'm really leaning towards keeping it. I like the dual air option over the 05 Pike Team (which I have now). So, maybe I'll keep the new fork and sell the 05. I'm sure I won't come out with nearly the same money, but hey, it's all profit at this point, so why not keep the fork with more desirable features?!

Anyone reading this have long(ish) term experience with both models? Costs and benefits of each, IYO?