Quantcast

I keep hopping backwards, help!

IgorK

Chimp
Dec 6, 2002
ok, so I started some basic of trials riding to improve my overall riding. I can hop, but I always hop rearwards. I try to position myself more over the front of the bike, is that the problem? I hop with both wheels, but as I said, I end up coupla feet behind from where I start.

Any help greaty appreciated!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you need to lower yr front end a bit...i know what you are saying though, because i did the same thing starting out. basically your weight is too far rearward.

once you figure out how to pedal kick, it'll be clear.

IgorK

Chimp
Dec 6, 2002
I was talking about hoping in place with both wheels, not on the back wheel. I'm too far from hopping on back wheel only :rolleyes:

StinkLink

Chimp
Apr 30, 2005
Western Massachusetts
to learn to get up on my rear wheel I used to practice rocking back and fourth between wheelies and endos for as long as I could keep my balance. Once I got comfortable I started popping back up onto my rear wheel. or practice hopping backward enough and eventually you'll be able to hop in place, then take it from there. whatever you do just practice a lot

biker

Chimp
May 27, 2005
If all you're trying to do is hop in place or forward on both wheels, try thinking about "banging" your handlebars when you jump. this hip action should shoot the bike forward a couple inches.

btw, this forum sucks. If you want faster replies and more info check out observedtrials net

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
sounds like he's hanging onto the brakes and just leveraging back for a hop. let go of the brakes and kick a little crank into it in between brakeing to control where you want your rear wheel. Easy to practice on a parking line or something non-consequential. (sp?)

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
sounds like he's hanging onto the brakes and just leveraging back for a hop. let go of the brakes and kick a little crank into it in between brakeing to control where you want your rear wheel. Easy to practice on a parking line or something non-consequential. (sp?)
Woah, Joel is on Ridemonkey too. Always trying to find more ways to waste time, huh? How was TOM? Ride expert again? Fall in the lake? from the descriptions it sounded like a lot of fun.

I think he is still on two wheels. Keep that weight forward, and use those arms.

dirtjumpP.1 said:
or just do static 180s.... those always keep me in one place.... :thumb: ;)

ah yes.... Ryan Leech's patented correction hop.

Jonathan

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
The Jaffro is on ridemonkey too? Beastly. When do you come back to the Co.? In time for the 8/21 gunnison comp?

I tapped 43" to both wheels yesterday and hooked 45". god my wrists hurt typing this.

IgorK

Chimp
Dec 6, 2002
Can someone write step by step on pedal kick? I kept trying,but I am obviously doing something wrong with my brake.

Thanks