Quantcast

I knew rents here were getting ridiculous.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't care how good the skiing might be, you couldn't pay me enough to live in WY. $925 for a 2bd in Bend. There is a whole hell of a lot more to do there than just ski.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Jackson is the one exception to the WY rule.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'll reserve judgement until i have time to poke around oregon.....

but i'm inclined to take montana over wyoming.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We own a home in Teton Valley (where Driggs is). 3 BR on two acres, big garage with workshop, and we get $1300. (Best renters in the world) Market price should be $2K or so, but we (and the tenants) are super happy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was in Jackson for only a day and I fucking hated that place. I just remember throngs of dipshit Harley riders slowing passing through town revving their engines and tacky western tourist traps. Could be nice after a solid pandemic and a cleansing fire.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I was in Jackson for only a day and I fucking hated that place. I just remember throngs of dipshit Harley riders slowing passing through town revving their engines and tacky western tourist traps. Could be nice after a solid pandemic and a cleansing fire.
just drive past yellowstone/grand teton for about 60-80 miles...it gets better...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That area is beautiful, spent some time out there. Just the town of Jackson is a touristy nightmare.
Yah. The Thai food is good, though. :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That area is beautiful, spent some time out there. Just the town of Jackson is a touristy nightmare.
I approve of their sake bars, especially when someone else is paying. :thumb: I also liked that there was a trailhead not 100 feet from my apartment. (I spent 6 glorious weeks there in the summer on my internal medicine rotation during med school.)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I like Thai plate for more traditional items, and Thai Me Up is better for après, and more 'fusiony' items. You wouldn't go wrong with either. Teton Thai in the Village is quite good, too.