Quantcast

I knew there was a reason that vegans are such a downer

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
http://www.sfgate.com/life/article/Vegetarians-depression-meat-eaters-11818334.php

Americans don't need an excuse to double down on a great steak, ribs or burger. But here's one, just in case: A new report claims that vegetarians are twice as likely to suffer from depressions than meat eaters.

The Bristol University study, published in the Journal of Affective Disorders, explained that vegetarians are more susceptible to Vitamin B12 and mineral deficiencies, which has negative effects on mental health.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ooh nooo a photo of some tasty meat. Im so offended right now. :brow:

Like seriously dude. Ill be the last one to tell anyone they cant eat meat and I enjoy a juicy steak or a plate of ribs every once in a while as much as the next guy.
But this whole #OMGMEATISSOTASTYLETSMURDERSOMEANIMALSOUTOFPRINCIPLE thing is making you look a 15yo.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
sorry I couldn't help myself, but I just had to run with it ,when something I posted tongue in cheek gets taken literally its just to much fun to troll on.

anyhow this is what my dinners looked like this week and most days for that matter. Mostly vegetables with some Salmon. rarely do I eat pork, beef or chicken ( but I do partake on occasion). I do like lamb though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Meat is expensive. Garden vegetables are not. I splurge on fruit and grains. Yogurt also. I rarely eat meats as compared to anything else. Eating meat is expensive. The Eggplants and Zucchini in my neighbor's garden are almost ready. I will be eating them as my primary food source. I have had way more then my limit of Perch lately.