Quantcast

I knew there was something about Olympia I didn't like...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
A few years ago I went to visit a friend up in Seattle and we drove over to the Olympic National Park coastline to do some backpacking. On the way we stopped in Olympia. I didn't know what it was at the time, but while we were there, I got this huge feeling of dread...like something bad was about to happen. I just wanted out of there.

NOW I know what that feeling was about...

KILLER RACOONS

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
It's freakin' retarded around here....Someone moves to the f*ckin' boonies out here cause housing costs are through the roof, sees one or two black bears (in their natural habitat no less....but it's still "my backyard..." :think: ) and calls the news agencies and says that the wildlife is encroaching on their property and it's spreading panic....

Whatever....f*ck pansy suburbites....

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Not quite the same, but this phrase applies to the political activists and the generally uniformed...

We call them NIMBYs (Not In My Backyard)
NIMBY - A person who vehemently opposes any form of progress / natural event which will occur in or around their neighborhood..

Just a random non-sequitor..

Marc

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Its just a fictional story cooked up to keep people from moving here. Olympia is the bikiest friendly town in the USA:love: