Quantcast

I know 4x4 tires but I need new meats for the Celica...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I've got a quote for four Dunlop SP Sport A2 Plus' for $210 incl. our 9% sales tax.

Looks like a decent tire... thoughts?

J

JRB

There is zero chance that you can actually be a dude. :nonono:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
what size?
kumhos ecsta are the brand to beat between 15-17 inches, in terms of price/grip/durability.

but 4 tires for 209 bucks? thats pretty damn cheap.

a friend recently switched from dunlop sp sport on a seat leon 1.8t, and he said they worn out relatively fast.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
He had a nervous breakdown this morning.
Not exactly. It was a plan for a completely new ID. IAB suggested a name change, but some people won't ever be grown up enough for that to work.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Your avy, custom title and location needed a little more thought.

And the fact that you show up wherever loco had posted...
He changed the name, dill wingle. The original JRB this morning just had TX and no title. It's not like you could read the kid's hat.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
N8 said:
I've got a quote for four Dunlop SP Sport A2 Plus' for $210 incl. our 9% sales tax.

Looks like a decent tire... thoughts?
Bought my last few sets from www.tirerack.com
The last set was 4 BF Goodrich g-Force Sports for my AMX. I think they might make a size for the Celica. Since you don't have snow, they might be a good one to look at. Not sure how they are with water though.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
JRB said:
Not exactly. It was a plan for a completely new ID. IAB suggested a name change, but some people won't ever be grown up enough for that to work.
i've got a name change in the works.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i love dunlop tires. had some on my quattro coupe and then on my conquest. i loved the quattros (don't remember the model, some kind of number (sport 550551532 etc.), and the conquest's were the sp sport fm901. Good tires those too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more dunlops in a second, and those look like a good deal on good tires.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I've not had the best of luck w/ dunlops, esp the sp series. My car came stock w/ 5000M's and they were ok, but they wore quickly and wet weather traction was sketchy to say it best. I cut one and did a quick 'whatever was instock that fit' replacement to FM901's (yes, I had to look that up!). Holy sh!t balls, those tires blew. Loud, not really much grip in the dry and scary in the wet and they wore out in less than 10k.

I went to Kumho ECSTA asx's about 15k ago and I'm sold. Wear is good, still plenty of tred. Dry traction good. No noise. The car now drives well in the rain and I can actually get somewhere in the snow (yeah, the fm901's were summer only, and I proved that!). And they were cheaper than the stock tires too.

Hell, it sounds like a good deal your getting on them and they are round and black. And my experience is mine and may differ from others. But I didn't have good luck w/ dunlops and won't be putting any back on the mazda. just my $.02

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
speaking of all things rubber... just to note that i put some michelin ltx 31's on my truck... awesome... highly recommended, hardly any road noise and they wear well..

road tires, i haven t had much luck with my pirelli scorpion str tires on our volvo xc70... i ll be trying some michi rubber for the soccer mom vehicle when the time comes...