Quantcast

I know how you feel T-Pirate

J

JRB

madbob and I built a 3 1/2' ladder drop on Sunday. Today all of the bracing and slats are torn off. I suspect it's the moto guys. The quad guys that ride there said the MX guys were talking sh*t about it being there. I hope they know the knew stuff will take trucks to tear out. F*cking assholes. :mad: :mumble: :redhot: :bomb:

J

JRB

Westy said:
You have been angry a lot lately. Ask Wumpus for a hug, it may make you feel better.:)
I might go up and ride with another guy saturday, so I plan to meet colin and ryan and hug wumpus.

splat

Nam I am
loco said:
madbob and I built a 3 1/2' ladder drop on Sunday. Today all of the bracing and slats are torn off. I suspect it's the moto guys. The quad guys that ride there said the MX guys were talking sh*t about it being there. I hope they know the knew stuff will take trucks to tear out. F*cking assholes. :mad: :mumble: :redhot: :bomb:
Was it on your Land ? Did you havethe Landowners perrmission ?

J

JRB

splat said:
Was it on your Land ? Did you havethe Landowners perrmission ?
No - the land owner, according to the police that said it's cool to ride there, lives in Houston. He apparently has no issue. I am pretty sure it's moto guys that think it is their place.

The point is, Splat, I don't really care that it was torn down if it was a problem. Just to do it for spite is bullsh*t. I know your point, but if someone is going to use the same land, shouldn't they try to get along??? If they do it again, I will simply build everything in blind corners and screw them back. I would have checked it before I rode it anyway, but they di leave the first few slats in, as in they were hoping we would just hit it really hard. If nothing else, by building here, I hope to keep the chicken f*ckers out. There was about 7 feet to the right of the stunt to ride around, so it was in no one's way. It was just them showing malice. That is what pisses me off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Cool - I'll see you for sure. I think you know how I feel about groups closing trails for races like that. :think:
Let me guess, all venues should be available to Loco all the time?:mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

I think during Knucks last return trip from the 17th dimension he ended up in Loco's body.:)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
your spelling sucks!

J

JRB

Westy said:
Let me guess, all venues should be available to Loco all the time?:mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

I think during Knucks last return trip from the 17th dimension he ended up in Loco's body.:)
I'll say this and shut up. There are about 3 of the folks that do trail work going to school there. I haven't done any up there for some time, so I am a little guilty, but for some reason college race teams think they can just schedule unannounced races all the time. Kind of lame.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
I'll say this and shut up. There are about 3 of the folks that do trail work going to school there. I haven't done any up there for some time, so I am a little guilty, but for some reason college race teams think they can just schedule unannounced races all the time. Kind of lame.
I'm guessing they have to schedule things with the parks dept. It just kind of works the same way as closing streets for parades, marathons and other special events.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Who would they be? There were never any Baylor folks when I show up.
I was trying to be nice.

Westy - here's the way they try to talk to the locals and wonder why I am a prick to them.

bui said:
Not to burst your bubble, but we're holding a race at Cameron Park Saturday and Sunday.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I'm guessing they have to schedule things with the parks dept. It just kind of works the same way as closing streets for parades, marathons and other special events.
Except those people that hold parades and close streets have the foresight to notify the public in MOST instances.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
I was trying to be nice.

Westy - here's the way they try to talk to the locals and wonder why I am a prick to them.
I can see if someone is being a jerk how it could piss you off. And closing a trail for two days for a race, that is a little weird. 'round here trails are typically just closed during the few hours of a race. And they are not really closed, it is just a good idea to stay off or at least go in the same direction as the course and yield to racers trying to pass.

J

JRB

Westy said:
I can see if someone is being a jerk how it could piss you off. And closing a trail for two days for a race, that is a little weird. 'round here trails are typically just closed during the few hours of a race. And they are not really closed, it is just a good idea to stay off or at least go in the same direction as the course and yield to racers trying to pass.
You'll find this hard to believe, but I am a very, very considerate person. I do all of those things. If I go ride, it will be late morning, but I shouldn't have to change my plans and be off of the trails by their race time for an unannounced event.

These guys ride from the school just blowing stop signs, riding down the middle of the road, and announcing their need to go faster when riding up from behind. I have tried to be really cool to them. I even gave some SPDs to one last year, with no such mention of a thank you, or let's ride again after the fact. I think the guy was overwhelmed by our riding, so he felt uncomfortable. Most of them ride single speeds and it is really hilly, so our styles don't match and I don't care to ride with them.

I have met very few of the guys from this team that didn't seem like total tools. As cool as I am, and as nerdy as they are, that just seems wrong to me. :think:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
... I think the guy was underwhelmed by our riding, so he felt uncomfortable. Most of them ride single speeds and it is really hilly, so our styles don't match and I don't care to ride with them.

I have met very few of the guys from this team that didn't seem like total tools. As cool as I am, and as nerdy as they are, that just seems wrong to me. :think:
:rofl:

Before you choke on your foot, check the date of Googe's post.

Wumpus said:

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
:rofl:

Before you choke on your foot, check the date of Googe's post.
You do remember that guy??? I thought we would kill him. :help:

I don't know what you mean about dates. Why would I look at a thread that I don't remember on March 5th to schedule a ride this week??? As I said, post it on other forums. At least bump it. That guy was being a dickhead and he got called. Simple.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco said:
You do remember that guy??? I thought we would kill him. :help:

I don't know what you mean about dates. Why would I look at a thread that I don't remember on March 5th to schedule a ride this week??? As I said, post it on other forums. At least bump it. That guy was being a dickhead and he got called. Simple.
How it pains me to admit but you are right. I remembered it and had to go looking for it, but it had dropped already off since it was a month ago.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
How it pains me to admit but you are right. I remembered it and had to go looking for it, but it had dropped already off since it was a month ago.
I think it's a riot that that guy is always the victim. First the mud thread and now the smart ass thread. hahaha