Quantcast

I know, I know, it's only feeding his ego, but this must be Knuckle's twin...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
"If every grain of sand on Crane's Beach had the word "HATE" written on it, it wouldn't equal one tenth of one percent of the hate with which I am hating the T right now. I hate the T with a passion unequaled in the history of hating. Hitler didn't hate the Jews as much as I hate the T. Linguists will have to invent a new word to describe the hate that I'm feeling, because in all of history, no hate has been hated as much as the hate that I have for the T. NEVER! EVER!"

good rant.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
johnbryanpeters said:
No grounds for comparison. The writer focused his anger on a single topic and presented a cogent description of the reason for his frustration.

J
Ahh yes, but it was a single topic rant. I'm sure if we had the pleasure of his attendance in this forum, we would see many more varied rants.

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
"If every grain of sand on Crane's Beach had the word "HATE" written on it, it wouldn't equal one tenth of one percent of the hate with which I am hating the T right now. I hate the T with a passion unequaled in the history of hating. Hitler didn't hate the Jews as much as I hate the T. Linguists will have to invent a new word to describe the hate that I'm feeling, because in all of history, no hate has been hated as much as the hate that I have for the T. NEVER! EVER!"

Tsk tsk. Obvious ripoff of Harlan Ellison's "I have no mouth and I must scream"

Text from the short story as a computer explains its hatred for humans:
"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE."