Quantcast

I know the tire thing it pretty used up, but

J

JRB

I don't love the Vertical Pros on my bike. I like the traction of IRC Trailbears better, but they are a little soft to run tubeless. Has anyone ridden Kenda Kinetics UST??? I have one that is tube type for the front, but have not mounted it. Anyone run regular 2.3 Weirwolfs tubeless??? I am thinking about trying this. It is pretty stinking loose here. When it is damp (I don't ride in the mud) the limestone is really slick, but the weirwolfs are softer and may do better.

Thoughts please.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The Weirwolf Race tires have pretty thin sidewalls too so they might not be ideal to run with a Stans type set up. Just my opinion Loco.

What about some Panaracer Firex or whatever the hell they are called. they make a UST version of those tires methinks.

J

JRB

I've ridden the regular Fire XCs here and on a rental at Tahoe. In tahoe they rocked. Here, they are horrible. Lots of peeps like them here. Hmmmm - My weirwolfs are the race version, but I never really checked the sidewalls. It is hard for me to tell by feel.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i absolutely love wierwolves. i ride them on my turner xce and could not be happier with them on the damp loamy dirt around here. i dont have the tubless ones though. i have not ever flatted on them either.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
loco-gringo said:
I don't love the Vertical Pros on my bike. I like the traction of IRC Trailbears better, but they are a little soft to run tubeless. Has anyone ridden Kenda Kinetics UST??? I have one that is tube type for the front, but have not mounted it. Anyone run regular 2.3 Weirwolfs tubeless??? I am thinking about trying this. It is pretty stinking loose here. When it is damp (I don't ride in the mud) the limestone is really slick, but the weirwolfs are softer and may do better.

Thoughts please.
I have a pair of IRC trailbears and they wash out WAY faster than the verticals. The trailbears are slightly better than the verticals in climbing because of the stiffness of the center knobs but for cornering... I actually put on a pair of worn out verticals and they were an improvement over the 2.25 Trailbears.

J

JRB

golgiaparatus said:
I have a pair of IRC trailbears and they wash out WAY faster than the verticals. The trailbears are slightly better than the verticals in climbing because of the stiffness of the center knobs but for cornering... I actually put on a pair of worn out verticals and they were an improvement over the 2.25 Trailbears.

Here I saw the exact opposite result with these 2 tires. I really need to just experiment.

Thanks for the responses. I will post results later.

Lisa and Suzy - you can stop thinking now.