Quantcast

I know this is a bike site and all...

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
sick.

steamboat is one of the best spots for early season. looks like its gonna be killer. last time i was there i got 2.5 feet of bone dry powder my first day. best tree skiing i have ever done.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I will be stoked if you guys get decent winter this year....¡C'mon La Niña!

wow..cant beat a $30 lift ticket.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I will be stoked if you guys get decent winter this year....¡C'mon La Niña!

wow..cant beat a $30 lift ticket.
I managed to pull of 6 days in Steamboat last winter for $119.

Now I wanna go skiing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Kirkwood Snow Report
November 24th, 2010 at 9:00pm

alternate print version report

Clear Night
Temperature 4
Wind 4mph N
Today's Forecast Clear

Snow Stats (snow totals in inches)
Last 24 hours 0-5"" Season Total Range 168-174""
Last 48 hours 36-41"" Mid Mountain Base 73""
Last 7 days 128-133" Storm Total 128-133""

Surface Conditions
The weather system that left Kirkwood Tuesday evening has produced a solid mid mountain base of 73". Very cold and powder conditions.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Tahoe was going off over the weekend!

Lightest snow I have skied in Tahoe for the last few years. So cold, so good.

I don't even care that I installed a huge core shot underfoot :D.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
How cold was it? Loveland can just be so brutally cold.
Friday was maybe 20, overcast and windy. The wind was awful riding up so I know what you mean, but that said I'm used to Chicago winters. This is cake by comparison.

Sunday was clue skies and absolutely still until early afternoon. :cool:

SS: what kind of skis do you use? I rode Volkl Mantras both days. Loved them at speed but found them tough to turn in slow tight spots. (like how I have to ride really steep areas, I'm not that great of a skier) I started shopping and see the Volkl Kendo are supposed to address that.
Who are the good ski shops out here that are worth patronizing?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Friday was maybe 20, overcast and windy. The wind was awful riding up so I know what you mean, but that said I'm used to Chicago winters. This is cake by comparison.

Sunday was clue skies and absolutely still until early afternoon. :cool:

SS: what kind of skis do you use? I rode Volkl Mantras both days. Loved them at speed but found them tough to turn in slow tight spots. (like how I have to ride really steep areas, I'm not that great of a skier) I started shopping and see the Volkl Kendo are supposed to address that.
Who are the good ski shops out here that are worth patronizing?
I've got Fischer Watea 94s in 186 length. I'd say hit up Bent Gate if you're gonna buy skis... although they are *not* an alpine shop - they're tele/AT. Their selection of alpine skis will probably not be as extensive as Christy, Colo Ski and Golf, etc.

To be honest, I don't buy ski stuff very often... and I got the Fischers from tramdock. Last time I bought boots was from a local place called Applewood SKi but sadly they disappeared some years ago.

The Fischers rock in all areas except extra-firm conditions. But to be honest, I don't really ski extra-firm conditions. :D