Quantcast

I know this is kinda personal (for Ridemonkey)

L

luelling

Ridemonkey....do you make your living from the sites you own/run? You might get pissed that I asked, but curiosity kills the cat.(Sorry if I offend)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
luelling said:
Ridemonkey....do you make your living from the sites you own/run? You might get pissed that I asked, but curiosity kills the cat.(Sorry if I offend)
He won't answer, he's out on his yacht this weekend and on Monday he's taking his Lear jet to Geneva for talks with the Saudis.:)

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
I don't want to make anyone pissed, but I'd be very interested to know about the site owning and such. Because there is a kid at my school that owns a site like this with a very simmilar forum format, with premium membership, and he just basically uses it for cashflow, isn't interested at all in the forum topic.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
luelling said:

I'd venture to say yes, he makes a living off the sites he runs. Isn't that what Webmasters do? ;)

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
If you are wondering whether the ad revenue from this and related sites is enough to provide a full time salary, the answer is no. The site revenue has increased slowy but steadily though. I'm sure that with more time and hard work it could be a full time job.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
BigMike said:
I'd venture to say yes, he makes a living off the sites he runs. Isn't that what Webmasters do? ;)
Although some of us make money from the sites we run, we are still working for the man (clients).