Quantcast

I learned superman seat grabs!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
i dont know what it is, but something just doesnt sit right with that picture. it looks like your twice the size of your damn bike. i mean i understand the 24 in. in the rear but the bike itself looks small. ohh well it could just be me, and incase you did learn it awsome man :thumb:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
so what camera was used to take that shot, lets see another one then i will believe you

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
LOL i take these comments as compliments. the camera was my dads digital kodak camera, i dont know which one. the bike looks small because i am 6ft 5....lol but it isnt a 24 in the rear, its a 26 inch syncro.

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
LOL no they are my old basketball shoes, old hightop reeboks. But they are white so they stick out well in pictures

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
-
Mike, that's awesome dood.....I saw some other sick pics a while ago & i was thinking "dam"that's some serious skills...

Any plans on competetions/get on TV & win some cash ?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ohh woops i was really tired when i wrote that last night. i thought you said 5-4. ohh well it just doesnt look right to me but awsome though man.

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Thanks, i have never seen that pic from ashland, which one of harleys friends is this?

Yeah i know it doesnt look like its the same hour that i did my first one, but i always new i could do them, and had the form in my head, but had never tryed for some reason. It has alot to do with the form i do my regular supermans with. Its just a little different, but same concept.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Julian, I doubt you noticed me. Tall, quiet kid, and I was there for basically the whole day but I didn't ride at all (no bike at the time)

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Yeah my part isnt too good in that film due to lack of footage, but grants part rips! Julian, i dont know if i remember ya? did i borrow your rear shock or was that someone else? sorry i am horrible with names. But yeah Ryan Denehy makes some sick films. He has mad editing skills, i cant wait to see what he is able to get together for next year. lol i was telling him to call his video New World Disorder 7....lol but i dont think he will

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Nah, I was hanging around and taking pictures for the most part. I wouldn't expect you to have remembered me as I don't think I really talked to you at all.

You got more footage this year?

Sep 26, 2005
Concord, CA
are you the real mike metzger, like freestyle motocross mike metzger, because if you could get the balls to do back-to-back backflips for the first backflip in motocross competition and be the godfather of freestyle motocross, then iw ould think you would have done a superman a while ago. anyways, those are some awsome pics, what type of bikes is it (or did i read over that?)

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
now all you have to do is try one off that steep/no transition kicker downtown, over the pyrimid. haha, remember me? (im joes friend, we got chased by that gangsta guy)

Jan 29, 2005
there are 2 mike metzgers

they are both "real"

1 rides mx, the other mountain bikes, this is the mountain biker. He rides for transition bikes. Hes riding a dirtbag in those photos

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
sublime_mx_311 said:
are you the real mike metzger, like freestyle motocross mike metzger, because if you could get the balls to do back-to-back backflips for the first backflip in motocross competition and be the godfather of freestyle motocross, then iw ould think you would have done a superman a while ago. anyways, those are some awsome pics, what type of bikes is it (or did i read over that?)
Except its a different person. Thats some gnar extension.

Sep 26, 2005
Concord, CA
dropsdon'tlikem said:
there are 2 mike metzgers

they are both "real"

1 rides mx, the other mountain bikes, this is the mountain biker. He rides for transition bikes. Hes riding a dirtbag in those photos
oh, sorry, i'm new to mtb, so i dont know any of the riders or anything

lankyride

Chimp
Jan 3, 2005
mid west
MikeMetzger said:
Thanks, i have never seen that pic from ashland, which one of harleys friends is this?

Yeah i know it doesnt look like its the same hour that i did my first one, but i always new i could do them, and had the form in my head, but had never tryed for some reason. It has alot to do with the form i do my regular supermans with. Its just a little different, but same concept.
hey bro, nice ridin'
I was wanting to ask someone about supermans. What is the trick to them? I can do no-footers huge, I just don't know who to get the legs behind the bike. any help would be cool.

hack from the midwest.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
trick to supermans is to balls out throw back ur legs first of all, and dont put any weight over ur bars or ull die tryin to gte back on, i cant superman seat grab so i have no idea for those...

THAT IS SOME BEASTLY AIR/EXTENSION, UR MY HERO

JMP

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Near Olympia, WA
Right on man. That is freaking huge. For just learning them the extension is unbelievable. I heard you were doing straight supermans over the Whistler road gap. TRUE GRIT. Hey, caputo1989 not sure if you were joking about the "Real" Mike Metzger thing but this dude rides for Transition and is a "Real" Mike Metzger.
Keep going big dude,
JMP

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Thanks for the props guys! That super cool of everyone. I am not sure what the trick is to them, unless i know what you are doing wrong. But basically it is all in how you leave lip and that is why they are hard well not hard, just kinda wierd at first, because off the lip you are not only falling/floating off the back of the bike, but your taking a hand off as well, so it is wierd at first. So practice no footed seat grabs and start to jut push the bike out infront of you, and getting back on clean. this will kinda give you the feeling to expect. once you have those just "money" then start to float off of the bike off the lip and do the same thing, after getting to feeling you will know exactly what you are doing, and your own style and instinct will take over from there! Remember just be confident and know that your money baby and you got this!! :thumb:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Tell James hi. I hear he was givin ya pointers. ;) This winter the Montana crew will come over to Beacon and you guys can show us the ropes. I sure miss that trail named The Zipper next to Beacon.

Those pics are awesome.....

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
me, joe, and steve went out to dishman for some jumping. joe was gonna call you, but he didnt have your # with him. steve did a pendulum, needless to say it was sick.

MikeMetzger

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
What steve did a pendilum! That is sick! i need to try those i know i could do them. Yeah i wouldnt have been able to ride anyways, i have been swompped with report papers for school, and i am trying to get them all done so that i can go ride.