Quantcast

I Like The GoGo's!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
narlus said:
it's a sad statement that "old school" punk bands like Social D are well known and yet the Avengers are obscure...ah, the vagaries of success...very little to do w/ actual talent sometimes...
I have always been a punk fan, but had never heard of them. I did like the Avengers TV show though. :p

I am a longtime fan of Social Distortion though, but mostly because I like rockabilly so much.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that's true, staying power was not on the Avenger's side. they did regroup and put out a retro...if anyone finds the CD Presents label version of their cd grab it for me and you will be duly rewarded...it's been out of print for a long time and i didn't get it when i had the chance.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - they sang that too. But I'm pretty sure they sang "Head Over Heals" too.
Again - :dead:
:think: was that some sort of holistic medicine song?

HEELS!

<snark>

btw, you are right; they did sing that.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
narlus said:
heh, google ads have placed a "punk ringtones" click-ad on this thread.
Hah, punk ringtones are so not punk... I bet they have stuff like Avril Lavign or Green Day.

I wonder if there is a market for Rollins or DRI ringtones.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Tenchiro said:
I have always been a punk fan, but had never heard of them. I did like the Avengers TV show though. :p

I am a longtime fan of Social Distortion though, but mostly because I like rockabilly so much.
Legendary Shack Shakers is all I have to say to your rockabilly jones.

Cockadoodledon't

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Forget them. The Bangles were hotter, cooler (Manic Monday written by Prince) and badder (Hazy Shade of Winter)

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
SkaredShtles said:
:think:

What's her Jewishness got to do with anything? :confused:
Nothing more than Belinda's Gentileness had to do with her cuteness........it was merely a semi humorus way my wife and I refer to her........"a cute little Jewess" (obscure reference to Ester) who is joined by Yasmine Bleeth (before the drugs) in that category.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Andyman_1970 said:
Nothing more than Belinda's Gentileness had to do with her cuteness........it was merely a semi humorus way my wife and I refer to her........"a cute little Jewess" (obscure reference to Ester) who is joined by Yasmine Bleeth (before the drugs) in that category.
Wow. *No* idea what you're talking about here.......

You keep you and your wife's anti-Semitism between yourselves, OK?

;)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Andyman_1970 said:
So all you racists apparently stick together. She isn't your cousin is she?