Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a call from Wifey. Apparently the sunroof in our new Forester didn't close all the way when we last drove it. It's been pouring rain for the last three days.
I'm heading home to check the damage now, but.it sounds like the front half of the interior is a.total loss....
I cant swear enough right now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've had the top off the jeep and had it flood several times due to some late afternoon Colorado thunderstorm. (this never happened to me once when I was in the PNW :think:) Let it dry out, you'll be fine.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
ouch, that TOTALLY sucks. My bike saddle got wet last night when I rode to the bar and parked it outside.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When you start drifting on 101, just do it with the windows open.

You're going about 100mph thru Corte Madera right? Should dry right out...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
1" of standing water in on the floor boards. Seat was holding water and is about as soppy wet as a sponge in your sink. The electronics seem to work, but I only had the car on long enough to move it to the carport and open the windows.

I am having it detailed today to see how much they can do, but the insurance company thinks it might be an interior replacement due to the time exposure and age of the car (5 months old). Plus it's leather, so there is high risk of permanent damage.

I will need to have the dealer do an electrical inspection as well...

Just not what I needed to deal with right now. At least Wifey got a ton of overtime last pay period, so it's not a hard hit on the deductible.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm with this guy. If you were smarter than me, you would find some way to get into a good school and not pay for it.

Anyways, how am I dumber if I can get someone else to pay for my moments of stupidity (insert insurance company name here).

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I'm with this guy. If you were smarter than me, you would find some way to get into a good school and not pay for it.

Anyways, how am I dumber if I can get someone else to pay for my moments of stupidity (insert insurance company name here).
I'm just going to apply out of state, it's a lot cheaper in many states.

Just like how state farm covered you on the bike rack incident? You're a moron.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The insurance companies will always get the money back out from you with increased rates, it just becomes an installment plan. Didn't you get dropped on your HOI for asking them to pay for too much of your stupidity?

I'd just recommend cutting down on the stupidity.:)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Perspective...it could be much worse:

I had a picture of a new Mercedes parked with the windows cracked in New Orleans. The waterline on the house was 4' above the car, it was under for about 5 days.

You can save it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The insurance companies will always get the money back out from you with increased rates, it just becomes an installment plan. Didn't you get dropped on your HOI for asking them to pay for too much of your stupidity?

I'd just recommend cutting down on the stupidity.:)
Yes, but I was net positive, iirc. I'm just moving on to the next one now. And yes, I need to cut down on the stupidity. Or I can just sleep more/pay more attention.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's at the body shop now. Apparently State Farm told them it would be five business days until an adjuster could come by and look at it. he shop has had it drying with fans all day, but were not cleared by insurance to start pulling the interior.

I ended up having a nice conversation with the claims rep in which we discussed black mold and it's effects on the human lung, especially when you are exposed within a heated, enclosed environment. A little bit of California insurance code was discussed as well, especially how they were trying to prevent me from going to the body shop of my preference. I received a call from the body shop about three minutes later noting that State Farm had called to approve the work. I had a good chuckle with the owner of the body shop about the conversation, as it took five minutes from the time he called me to get a call back from the insurance company.

They will be pulling the whole interior, breaking down the seats, checking the electronics, and possibly pulling the dash to check for any water on electrics damage. One of my headlights has stopped working, and given that I just added new bulbs it should be working fine. They will be checking the whole interior electrical system. They did some paint work for me a while back and do really good work.

I should be getting it back late next week at best.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so technically when you try to sell it.....you should listed it as a flood survivor?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
so technically when you try to sell it.....you should listed it as a flood survivor?
We're driving this one until it dies. I am planning for 200k from each of our cars, so we have some time until it will be sold. Probably north of 10-12 years.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They will be pulling the whole interior, breaking down the seats, checking the electronics, and possibly pulling the dash to check for any water on electrics damage. One of my headlights has stopped working, and given that I just added new bulbs it should be working fine. They will be checking the whole interior electrical system. They did some paint work for me a while back and do really good work.
It doesn't have an aftermarket remote start installed does it? :twitch:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I find it sad that no moderator hasn't made this thread title more permanent part of Joker's profile. New custom title maybe?