Quantcast

I lost my Camera...or was is Stolen?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm am VERY distraught. My Cannon G5 dissapeared. I had it on my trip to Florida, when I got back here it is not in my camera bag. I'm almost positive I had it on the plane.

One of my friends said her dad's camera got stolen out of the overhead compartment.

I dont want to have to buy a new one :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BigMike said:
I'm am VERY distraught. My Cannon G5 dissapeared. I had it on my trip to Florida, when I got back here it is not in my camera bag. I'm almost positive I had it on the plane.

One of my friends said her dad's camera got stolen out of the overhead compartment.

Insurance should cover that, man..........

-S.S.-

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BigMike said:

Well, lost or stolen sounds like it's gone, and you're gonna have to buy a new one. That sucks.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So here is the question... How long do I wait until I buy a new one? I have this little bit of hope the old one may show up...... should I just crush that hope and bite the bullet?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BigMike said:
So here is the question... How long do I wait until I buy a new one? I have this little bit of hope the old one may show up...... should I just crush that hope and bite the bullet?
Have you called the airline?

If you've called the airline and they said nothing showed up, and you've unpacked your luggage, and checked with the hotel you stayed at in FL, then it's gone.

If you get it back, it'll just be a bonus - sell it or keep it as a backup. Other than the hotel, airline, or your luggage, nobody is going to even know where to send it if they found it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Havent called the airline, I figured they are so big, they would have no idea. plus, I'd say about 99% of people would NOT turn in a nice camera to lost and found.... they would keep it for themselves.

and just to add insult to injury, my large memory card and my tripod mount were in/on it :(

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BigMike said:
Havent called the airline, I figured they are so big, they would have no idea. plus, I'd say about 99% of people would NOT turn in a nice camera to lost and found.... they would keep it for themselves.

and just to add insult to injury, my large memory card and my tripod mount were in/on it :(
Call the airline. Even if it's a long shot, it's still a shot. Tell them what flight you were on, what time it arrived, and explain what it looked like.

Hopefully you checked with the hotel, already?

Like I said, once you've eliminated those two options, it's gone forever. Just buy a new one if you don't have insurance to replace it.