Quantcast

I love it when.......

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
thats nice, but whats even more fun is going way too fast on a DH bike through chicago streets at 1:30am in the middle of Bar and Club city flying by all of the people and their Benzs and Range Rovers who are stuck in traffic because everyone decides to leave the club or bar at the same time. Also its tons of fun to hop up and smash the non-drive side dropout of your bike into the front of taxis :D

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
YEah that's cool... :rolleyes:

Too bad you had to huff and puff for 200 yds while they were finishing their 100 milers :D

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by The Kadvang
Thats right, fight the power and take back the streets! :devil: ;)
Hell yeah, im going on a late night urban saturday night in Chicago. Its hella fun. But its hilarous to smash the sides of taxis, cover my paint in electrical tape, and smash away, bunny hop then whip your rear left right into the bumper or taillight.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Hell yeah, im going on a late night urban saturday night in Chicago. Its hella fun. But its hilarous to smash the sides of taxis, cover my paint in electrical tape, and smash away, bunny hop then whip your rear left right into the bumper or taillight.
And then we can wonder why innocent cyclists get targeted by road raging taxi's...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Why?

What if you have to move to Bangladesh and drive a taxi someday?

no, seriously, what is the point of randomly vandalizing stuff. Wouldnt you be pissed if some schmuck kid came by YOUR car and messed it up?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Originally posted by BigMike
Why?

What if you have to move to Bangladesh and drive a taxi someday?

no, seriously, what is the point of randomly vandalizing stuff. Wouldnt you be pissed if some schmuck kid came by YOUR car and messed it up?
Hell I know I would i'd get out and chase the stupid kid even though i wouldn't be able to catch him

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
If you beat some roadies your your DH bike and you're fat (by your own admission), something else was going on. Sometimes roadies take a break and just spin, you know? Not always looking for a race.

Any half decent roadie would blow you away on pavement if he wanted to.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Beating roadies is always fun. I went to a shop party a few years ago where one of the events was a "Flying Kilo" on the computrainer. A 1km sprint. Well, the DHers came in 1 and 2. The roadies running it were PISSED! Wasn't the first time that I saw a watage type thing end up with DHers puttin' down the most power to the pavement.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I remember hearing from my boss that a few years ago at IB they held a contest to see who could put out the most watage, and a BMX guy won with skate shoes and raggedy shorts vs. fully decked out roadies. BMXers have so much power out of the gate it's hard to compete with, how long that power lasts is another story.

But still, but a good roadie and a good Downhiller on their respective bikes on a road and tell them to go 1/2 mile or whatever, the roadie is obviously going to win. Physics is on his side.