Quantcast

I Love Livewire @ N* !!!

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
that livewire rocks!! those berms were huge and flowy. and they really did water the trail all day long. NO DUST! so many table tops and doubles, it was great.

a huge thanks to all the people that made it possible, it made it so worth going to N* every weekend.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
the water set up is sweet. the boys were in at 5:45 this morning to fire it up and from all the dust free smiles iam seeing out there it must have done its job.

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
Dave called me after that run at N* to rub it in!!! i'm jealous but its ok. whistler in 18 flippin days!!! ok back to the original topic. I really want to try the new parts of livewire since it sounds amazing. very whistler-esque. now that the irrigation lines are all working i have to get up there sometime soon. i'll be eatin ramen for a week to afford it. (daily passes at whistler are cheaper!!!)

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
The water wasn't working before? I always thought that those jumps were holding up too well not to be watered. I can't wait to ride it now!

Seriously. I don't think I've ever been more excited about northstar. The work there this year is definitely taking a fun place and making it loads better.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
For sure Livewire is sick and also a bit scary i mean before you no it your going so fast because it is so smooth that you can over shoot a jump by about 10ft or so but once you get a rythum going its on.

the berms at the end are so fun no brakes and your tires just hook up.. good work N*

Nice to get at least one run in there with you Dave hope we can hook up again before you head out to Whistler..

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
for sure marc, i'll see if i can talk the boys into going this weekend. i want to save myself for whistler, still recovering and all. but i figure if i just hit livewire all day and take the fire road the rest of the way down to the lift, bypassing gypsy, i can get jumps, doubles, table tops and berms dialed in and not be risking too much. i'll let you know what day.
and i'll bring the camera to get some good pics and video of it.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Both Livewire and Gypsy are great new trails...

exciting to see Nstar step it up with logical, well built, fast and flowy trails...

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
For sure Dave I understand about wanting to stay heathy for Whistler I am down for some early Morning Auburn runs on Saturday and i no Jason and Scott would be in. I am still trying to get my wrist strong so i dont want to over do it at N* just let me no so we can get a time. late...

EDIT: I can only ride on Saturday.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Man just reading your guys' take on this livewire I'm pumped about N*. We're probably going the first weekend of Aug but now I can't wait!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
For sure Dave I understand about wanting to stay heathy for Whistler I am down for some early Morning Auburn runs on Saturday and i no Jason and Scott would be in. I am still trying to get my wrist strong so i dont want to over do it at N* just let me no so we can get a time. late...

EDIT: I can only ride on Saturday.
Hey Marc, good seeing you on Sat, I should be back there in about 3 weeks.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
Copy that. I was at N* on 7/7 and there were only a handful of jumps before the trail led into Gypsy.

Hello? Anyone? Bueller?
rode it on 7/21. there was quite a bit there. a whole lot of doubles and a whole lot of biga$$ berms that had jumps leading into them.
but when the trail ended, it ended on a fire road it seemed like and i couldn't see where it would be continuing if there was more to do.
know what i mean?
to me it seemed liked they were done with the trail but still working on what was there. it seemed short only cuz you go so fast and it's so much fun.
someone correct me if i'm wrong on if they are adding more length or not.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
sweeet! what is already there is awesome, can't wait for more.
judging from the map it does continue on, but wasn't sure if plans had changed or not.

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
We will begin pushing on this week. Lots more Live Wire to come!
Also, we reopened Boondocks today. The lower section was pretty messed up from the logging, but with some riders and a bit of rain, it should recover eventually.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Also, we reopened Boondocks today. The lower section was pretty messed up from the logging, but with some riders and a bit of rain, it should recover eventually.
Well fry my biscuits........................

Throw some pavers on the run in to that first double on the re-route eh?

You know..........with all that extra time and energy after working on livewire.:D

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Actually, with all our extra energy, we did some clean up on lower Gypsy. We installed some pavers in key areas, and did some rock removal to improve the flow. It is not perfect yet, but it is way better!

Actually, with all our extra energy, we did some clean up on lower Gypsy. We installed some pavers in key areas, and did some rock removal to improve the flow. It is not perfect yet, but it is way better!
asa-all us dhers are severly indebted to you and your other trail elves out there perfecting the trails this year. I, and many others, are stoked to have a real Trail Crew able to get the changes done this year. Awesome.
If you ever come off the mtn. the same time I do, I'm buying you and whomever other trail elves that happen to be close, a round or two of your favorite brew. Seriously!:banana:

asa

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Beer is good...
So I spoke to Kyle yesterday about spreading the love to some of the other trails, and what we are going to try to do is have a couple of crew members go out and work on some other trails when all hands are not needed on Live Wire. I will keep pushing for this until it happens.

Apr 20, 2007
All right, from reading everyones posts it looks like some of you are looking for pictures of livewire. Here is one from the new section I took yesterday.

Attachments

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
I finally got to ride it this Saturday. After years of getting beat into submission on the other trails, Livewire was a great addition. I think I got 6 runs on it - 3 in the morning and 3 at the end of the day with everything else in between.

Other than brake-checking before (I think) the last table before the step-up and the step-up itself, the only place I had trouble was that first double after left turn, which was after the drop to the road and then off the road. I just couldn't keep the speed (or maybe have the balls to keep the speed) to make the double. I cased it a few times and then had crank it up to clear the next several tables and doubles.

I rode my XL sized SX trail with 7" Boxxer and on the rest of the trails I wanted more travel, but on livewire, I wanted less. A smaller-sized and lighter bike with 6" travel would be the ticket.

Fun Stuff.

goinDH

Chimp
Aug 1, 2007
Whats up guys, my name is Matt Robison and i ride with DHreno and i rode that trail with an old version of this camara, http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=9&scid=20&pid=771 its as you can see a bit shaky due to the way that i mounted it but the new one is great! not a bad buy if you dont feel like investing the 400+ on a lipstick cam and a decent camara. ill have upper and middle Karpiel up soon along with the rest of the trails as i ride with the cam more so check dhreno.com or youtube for the updates!