Quantcast

I love my daughter

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
She's 3.5 years old... the last few days, every time I turn off her cartoons for something I want to watch, she says, "I want to watch the bike race - can you put that on?" refering to Le Tour.

:thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Woohoo! Kid thread.

My 3 yr old is now cruising along on his big bike and even doing skidmarks. My 4 yr old is starting to pop wheelies.

My 10 month old should be walking any day now..... :eek:

Edit - my 4 y.o. was even doing "wall rides" as he put it with his little Matchbox motorcycle yesterday. I didn't even know where he heard of a wall ride until he told me that they guys were doing it in the video we watched at Morryjg's house. :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:
Woohoo! Kid thread.

My 3 yr old is now cruising along on his big bike and even doing skidmarks. My 4 yr old is starting to pop wheelies.

My 10 month old should be walking any day now..... :eek:

Edit - my 4 y.o. was even doing "wall rides" as he put it with his little Matchbox motorcycle yesterday. I didn't even know where he heard of a wall ride until he told me that they guys were doing it in the video we watched at Morryjg's house. :D
Nice - my daugher will be getting a 2wheeler (with training wheels next summer). My son is only 6mos old, so he's got a year or so yet...

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Okay......I'll throw in my cool kid/bike story. I was working on my bike the other day and my son got his tricycle and made me put it in the stand so he could work on it. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
jacksonpt said:
Nice - my daugher will be getting a 2wheeler (with training wheels next summer). My son is only 6mos old, so he's got a year or so yet...
Yeah. It's amazing how much more quickly the younger ones pick stuff up when they're trying to be like their older sibling. They're already asking for the "jump board" to be setup for them. :thumb:

J

JRB

I hope Caroline doesn't say "put on the f'n tour when she is 3.5".

:D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Nice!

This is what my daughter is getting for her birthday this month:

She's been to Supergo enough times to know where one of these is in the store and makes a beeline for it every time. Loves to be pushed around the store. HATES to have to get off when we leave. Its still a bit big for her (she'll only be 2 this month) but I'd rather get this than a tricycle.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
pixelninja said:
Nice!

<snip>
Its still a bit big for her (she'll only be 2 this month) but I'd rather get this than a tricycle.
Get yourself a used trike, too. They're great for getting liddle kids to learn how to pedal. :thumb:

My wife got my first boy a trike for $.25 (yes, that's a quarter) at a garage sale. He & his brother learned to pedal on it.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Get yourself a used trike, too. They're great for getting liddle kids to learn how to pedal.
Good point. Whenever we're at the shop and I'm pushing her around, she always puts the pressure on the rear pedal, putting on the coaster brake.

Although, she's a smart girl. She'll figure it out in no time. :heart:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
jacksonpt said:
She's 3.5 years old... the last few days, every time I turn off her cartoons for something I want to watch, she says, "I want to watch the bike race - can you put that on?" refering to Le Tour.

:thumb:
Mine's 12.5 months.
She's ready to roll with the tough guy riding face :thumb:

Attachments

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I tape the WRC on the Speed channel on Sunday nights and watch it Monday when I get home from work. I noticed this week Noah wanted to sit with dad and watch and tries to make WRC car noises...........kids are awesome.............

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
yes....kids rock! my boy's first word was "bike". i was digitizing some of my old camcorder vids from when he was about 9 months old and i've got a great clip of him zoned out watching Kranked 3.

ah.....life is good :D :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Here's my daughter's current ride...

She's 4 and should have the trainign wheels off by the tiem the snow flies. Her baby brother is due Jan. 28th, I'll have him watching Earthed 2 and Synopsis between Baby Einstein videos!! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Might I suggest:

Option 1 the classic trike:about $40

Or perhaps Option 2: about $45 and a little more bling

Then there's always this one: (about $80)

Or for the 10" bike lover: (about $45)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My kid is 13 and she doesn't care much for bikes. I may have to give her to the circus.

:think:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Turd Ferguson said:

Kody destroying the "Bone Yard"
That is one sweet pic. I cant believe he is only 14 and does bigger than most. If he loved riding as much as his father does and rode as much as his father does..... Cody would be as good as Super T or Wade Simmons. This kid rides maybe 5-10 times a year! And yes the kid landed on the dirt. He almost cleared the box on the smaller side.