Quantcast

I love stupid drivers

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Got in an accident today, or should I say someone hit me today, it was tons of fun. I was sitting at a stoplight and i feel this big ol thud then hear a whole bunch of crunching. I then get out and walk to the back of my truck and see that some lady thought it would be fun to go too fast in the snow and smash her SLK mercedes into the back of my truck. I was in a 3/4ton 2500 silverado with a 4in lift, bumper made of a steel 2x6 and the thing had a ball hitch on the back of it too. I was happy to see that my truck wasnt the slightest bit hurt, a few scratches on the bumper and the finish on the chrome ball hitch was a bit messed up but other than that my truck was fine. She totally screwed her car though, my hitch dug a giant hole through her grill and radiator, and the first 9in of her hood and both of her headlights were crushed under the bumper, I looked at and couldnt help but laugh a bit. I gave her a card with my insurance company # and plate and cell number and left to go get some food. I had called the cops and they told me that since I didnt want to file a claim for vehicle damage or injury i could go, and I did, i was hungry. A few hours later I got a call and my insurance agent told me that this lady is claiming that I backed into here and is threatening to sue me to repair her benz. Her insurance agency is investigating the claim, if she can convince them that I somehow put my truck in reverse at a stolight and got going fast enough to tear her radiator in half im gonna crap myself. :angry: people around here forget how to drive once a bit of snow falls :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
A few hours later I got a call and my insurance agent told me that this lady is claiming that I backed into here and is threatening to sue me to repair her benz. Her insurance agency is investigating the claim, if she can convince them that I somehow put my truck in reverse at a stolight and got going fast enough to tear her radiator in half im gonna crap myself.
After this dumb ass pulled this $hit, I think you should now file a claim for an alignment, a new hitch, get the scratches buffed out and a complete structural check of your vehicle and bill her insurance company for it.

On a more serious note.....you should have nothing to worry about. It may take some time, but it will work out. Let your insurance company handle the case for you. Bastards. What ever happened to persoanal responsibility? :confused:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
berkshire_rider said:
On a more serious note.....you should have nothing to worry about. It may take some time, but it will work out. Let your insurance company handle the case for you. Bastards. What ever happened to persoanal responsibility? :confused:

I know i really have nothing to worry about, and I am letting the insurance company handle it. I sure know if i slid my mercedes into the back of a truck at 20mph i wouldnt try and say the guy I hit backed into me

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I sure know if i slid my mercedes into the back of a truck at 20mph i wouldnt try and say the guy I hit backed into me
Yeah, some people just suck. I had this tool hit me BEHIND the driver's door, on a 2-door Pontiac Grand Prix, (As in I was almost completely in front of him), after he made a lane change. His insurance company tried to say I was 25% at fault because I didn't blow my horn to warn him. Really, no BS. :p

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
People have always gotta try it on, don't they. Guess you should have stuck around and waited for the wallopers after all.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
berkshire_rider said:
After this dumb ass pulled this $hit, I think you should now file a claim for an alignment, a new hitch, get the scratches buffed out and a complete structural check of your vehicle and bill her insurance company for it.
Or just for the fun of it, you could claim whiplash. :sneaky:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
you'll probably end up a-okay here, but the lesson is -- ALWAYS file a police report, ALWAYS. Regardless of how minor the accident is, if there's damage involved there needs to be a police report....

As everyone said, you definitely "need" to get a new hitch, bumper, have your alignment checked, frame checked, etc. Whole 9 yards, on her tab.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
DßR said:
you'll probably end up a-okay here, but the lesson is -- ALWAYS file a police report, ALWAYS. Regardless of how minor the accident is, if there's damage involved there needs to be a police report....

As everyone said, you definitely "need" to get a new hitch, bumper, have your alignment checked, frame checked, etc. Whole 9 yards, on her tab.

I know I shoulda filed a report, but I was on lunch and was hungry. The faster I got back to work the more I could get payed. Quadruple overtime is nice :evil: